Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Incredible Hulk ~ review







I won't say that The Incredible Hulk is an incredible movie but I do think it is a nice movie. I have fun watching it. It was a blast from the start till the end. But the story is too simple, and the last battle with the Abomination is not as good as I thought it would be.

Here's the summary of the story. Bruce Banner (Edward Norton) hide himself in Brazil while desperately trying to find a cure for his condition, then the military ambush him, he flees to US, take a few moments to find romance with Betty Ross (Liv Tyler), meet Mr. Blue aka Dr. Samuel Sterns (Tim Blake Nelson) for help, defeat the Abomination, THE END. That's pretty much how the story goes. It's not bad, but just plain simple.

For battle scenes, they are quite intense and interesting. There are 3 main battle scenes; Hulk vs Military in Brazil, Hulk vs Military & Emil Blonsky in university's field, and Hulk vs Abomination in New York City. The last battle with the Abomination should be the highlight of the movie, however I think I like the battle scenes at the university more than the one with Abomination. I don't know why. I just feel like something was not quite right in the last battle. I don't know, that's just my opinion anyway.

In the opening credit of the movie, they show us in flashback what really happened to Bruce Banner that made him become the Hulk, so for those who didn't watch the previous Hulk movie directed by Ang Lee (like me), don't worry. Besides, this movie has no relation to that 2003 movie.

Did I mention that Tony "Iron Man" Stark made a cameo appearance in the movie? Oh yes, he did. He mention something about a 'team' to General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross (William Hurt). There's a lot of possibilities there. I'm eager to know what they will come out with. But that will have to wait. In the meantime, I'm going to watch Wanted. I'm still planning though. Hope I can spare some time to go and watch it.

No comments: