Sunday, May 27, 2012

Top 5 Pixar films

Fans of Pixar's animation films would probably already know that a new film from them, their first fairy tale called Brave, would be out in cinemas by the end of June 2012. Pixar had released twelve films so far but do you ever wonder which of these films took in the most money in the box-office? Here are the top 5 highest-grossing Pixar films based on the worldwide taking.

No. 5 ~ Ratatouille


It's about a rat who dreams of becoming a French chef even though he is a...rat. Obviously a rat and a kitchen do not suppose to mix with each other but the film teach us that if you dream big and determined enough, you can achieve your dream even if you are a rat. Ratatouille took in $623,722,818 in the worldwide box-office and sealed its place in number 5.

No. 4 ~ The Incredibles


When a group of superheroes are retired (or forced to retired), can they live a normal lives like everybody else? Apparently, the answer is no for one superhero and when he takes on a job that requires him to use his super power, he realized there is more to the job than he had expected. A combination of an action film and a family film, The Incredibles took in $631,442,092 in the worldwide box-office and placed fourth on the list.

No. 3 ~ Up


Up is more of an animation for adult when it comes to its theme but luckily the animal characters made it appealed to children too. The film is about an elderly man who was joined unexpectedly by a young Wilderness Explorer in his quest to fly to South America in a house floated by balloons. With intake of $731,342,744 in the worldwide box-office, Up is the 3rd highest-grossing Pixar film.

No. 2 ~ Finding Nemo


As the film's title suggest, the film is about a clown fish who races across the sea to find his son who was abducted by a human diver and be put in an aquarium. Joined him on his quest is a fish with a short-term memory. Finding Nemo is the second highest-grossing Pixar film with a worldwide intake of $867,893,978.

No. 1 ~ Toy Story 3


The third film in the Toy Story series, Toy Story 3 brings back Woody, Buzz and the gang in a whole new adventure as they find themselves in a daycare centre as their former owner prepares to go to college. The film became the first animated film to make over $1 billion worldwide and thus is the highest-grossing Pixar film with worldwide intake of $1,063,171,911.

Are you happy with the list? Are there any of your favourite Pixar's film missed out from the top 5? I was personally disappointed that WALL-E didn't make into the top 5 but it still made a lot of money though. Brave would be internationally released in June 2012, I wonder how well would the film be received by audience?

Images from Yahoo! Movies.

4 comments:

Louisa said...

love this post, i am a big fan of pixar and toy story is my favourite!

i have a similar blog! check it out and follow if you like it!
http://musicfilmsect.blogspot.co.uk/

how can i follow your blog?

xx

Marke.D said...

Hi Louisa!

Thank you for your kind words.

You can follow my blog by going to your blog list and click the "add" at the left panel.

Then you add in my blog url and blogger will automatically follow my blog for you.

But I hardly post anything, usually I will post on my free time. Besides, I ran out of ideas of what to post next. So I like to take my time before I post anything.

English is not my first language, so if you notice any error on my blog, appreciate if you would let me know.

I already add your blog to my blog list. You can see your blog appear on the right side under the "My Blog List" column.

Have a good day! :-)

Full Version PC Games said...

This blog is nice and amazing. I really like your post! It's also nice to see someone who does a lot of research and has a great knack for writing, which is pretty rare from bloggers these days.
Thanks!

Marke.D said...

Thanks a lot! Appreciate your kind words. Means a lot to me. Thanks again! :-)