Thursday, July 31, 2008

Attack of the mummies...again!



Here we go again.

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor opens in cinemas in Malaysia (and maybe in other Asian countries too) today, 1 day ahead of the US. You want to be one of the first to watch it? Then go watch it today!

As always, Richard "Rick" O'Connell and her lovely wife, Evelyn or Evie, have to save themselves (and the world!) from the evil mummies. Joining them are Evie's brother, Jonathan, and Rick and Evie's now-grown-up son, Alex. If in previous films they have to fight the Egyptian mummies, in this film though they have to face the Chinese mummies. There will be dragon, army mummies raised from the dead, scary white monster (Yeti maybe?) and...more mummies. How do I know all this? Well, based on the trailer of course. We'll see if Emperor Han is as good a villain as the Egyptian priest, Imhotep.

Looks like there will be a lot of actions, I just hope they didn't forget to build up a nice story too. The main reason I love The Mummy franchise (excluding The Scorpion King) is because of the Egypt tales incorporated in it. I don't mind if there are not facts (this is a MOVIE after all) as long as it makes the movie interesting. But now they move the story to China. I hope they did come out with a good story because China have a lot of great tales too.

I was kinda disappointed when I know Rachel Weisz won't reprise her role as Evie. I can't think of anyone else that can take her place. Well, I guess I just have to hope and pray that Maria Bello will do justice to Evie's character because without her, this movie is incomplete. Good luck Maria Bello! Good luck to Rob Cohen too, I hope he done his job as well as the previous director, Stephen Sommers. If he did, I'm certain there will be more movies in this franchise.

For other updates, you can check out Rob Cohen's blog. Just click here to go there. And thanx to Wikipedia for the poster.

Forgot to mention. As you may know, Michelle Yeoh will be in this movie too. So fellow Malaysians, let's go and watch this movie to support her okay.

No comments: