Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The girl from hell




Jigoku Shoujo (Hell Girl) is one of my favorite anime nowadays. The 2nd season currently aired on Animax (Channel 715, Astro Malaysia) for a third run already, I think.

Every episodes tell a different story but revolves around a same thing which is the Hell Girl. Apparently there is a website, the Hotline to Hell, that can only be accessed at midnight. If someone submit a person name that he/she have a grudge on, then Ai Enma, the Hell Girl will take them to hell. But there's a twist. The person who submit the name will also be taken to hell, but only after they die. Spooky eh?

I love this anime because it shows human dark side like greed and envy, and how people are becoming more and more corrupted with money and modern life. But usually the person who submit the name are the victims of such people. I usually take some time to think after each episode to truly understand the characters feelings and actions because there are a lot to learn from.

A great site I found (click here to go there) stated that the 3rd season has already got the green light to go for production. I'm so excited!!! When I read the comments people posted there, I also found out that someone had made a real Hotline to Hell that can only be accessed at midnight! (gasp!) I didn't try it yet but I hope someone will and verify it whether it's true or not. Go check it out ok. :)

I really recommend this anime to everyone out there. It's a great wake-up call.

No comments: