Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Superhero Movie ~ review


I went to watch Superhero Movie over the weekend with my relatives. I initially want to watch other flick but due to some circumstances, we end up buying tickets to this movie.

At first, I wasn't very excited to go in the cinema hall to watch this movie. I was reminded to Epic Movie which I watched on TV several days ago and remembered how bad it was. Fortunate for me, Superhero didn't involve the writers from Epic. And Superhero was good. Very good. In fact, I personally think it is the best movie in this genre that I had watched so far. This is because the casts are good, the plot flows smoothly and the jokes didn't get over the top, which is good.

The main character is Rick Riker played by Drake Bell. He was funny and certainly makes his character likable. Sara Paxton plays his love crush, Jill Johnson. I didn't expect her to be in this kind of movie, but I think she did well with her character too. Other casts that worth noticing for their roles are Leslie Nielsen as Uncle Albert (he was so funny even if he didn't play the US President), Marion Ross as Aunt Lucille, and Regina Hall as Mrs. Xavier (she only had cameo role and only appear for several minutes but it was still worth it, she's hilarious!!! I wish Anna Faris makes a cameo appearance too). Christopher McDonald played the villain, Hourglass, who seeks for immortality.

Pamela Anderson also had a cameo role as Invisible Woman while Tom Cruise character played by Miles Fisher is also worth noticing. There are also Human Torch (played by Simon Rex) and Wolverine (played by Craig Bierko) who both appear as cameo roles too.

Overall, this is a good movie. I like it, personally, and I think it is wwwaaaayyyyyyyyy better than Epic. However, caution to parents and those who have little brothers or sisters. This movie may have been rated U (for all ages) but it's really not a movie for kids. There are many sexual references in the jokes and you might have a hard time explaining to the children. So, just avoid this movie if you bring kids along.

So, with kids aside, if you get bored of watching serious movies, go catch Superhero Movie in cinemas. It will certainly make your day.

No comments: