Monday, April 13, 2009

This Is The One that I'm waiting for!!!


Utada Hikaru's 3rd English studio album, This Is The One had been released! Oh my god, how did I miss this? I remember checking the music store last week and I saw no new album from Utada. Weird. Well, according to Wikipedia, the album has been released in Japan on 14 March 2009 and in the US digitally on 24 March 2009. The physical CD would only come out in the US on 12 May 2009. It also stated the release dates for several other Asian countries like Korea, Hong Kong and Thailand though I'm not sure whether it was for digital release of physical CD release.

I'm happy that this album had somewhat some promotions in my country; the music video for the lead single, Come Back to Me, had been screened on TV. The song had also been played on local radio station (although I only heard it from 1 radio station). I wish there would be more promotion so that people will become aware of this new album. Utada Hikaru had been huge before in Malaysia when her 1st Japanese album hit stores, so I hope history will repeat itself.

Ganbatte Utada!

No comments: