Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Knowing ~ review







This movie creeps me out. Seriously.

I must say that I didn't expect the movie would end up like the way it did when I saw the first 15 minutes of it. I know it's a sci-fi movie but I didn't know that the theme would be so deep. The genre kinda shifted too from supernatural to sci-fi to fantasy, story-wise. However, it's kinda predictable too especially when the scenes involving the 'whispering people'. Of course when they 1st made their appearance, I didn't know who or what they are but as the story moves along, I kinda get the picture of who they might be.

The actors were beautifully cast, especially the young ones. Chandler Canterburry, who played Caleb Koestler, and Lara Robinson, who played Lucinda Embry & Abby Wayland (yes, she played 2 roles!) are so good and talented. Both actors play their roles really well. In fact, Lara Robinson did quite good in playing 2 different characters with 2 different personalities. Chandler Canterburry did pretty well too...and he's cute! I adore his character so much, so mature and smart at such a young age. I always hope I was like that when I was young (yeah right!). I hope both actors would have several other projects in the near future.

I did not forget the 2 main adult casts, Nicholas Cage and Rose Byrne. Although a lot of critics did not like Nic Cage, I think he did good as Jonathan Koestler. He was emotional and really into his character. Rose Byrne was also great as Diana Wayland, her portrayal of fear and terror was real to me. She's good!

I want to give you the synopsis of the movie but I can't! I don't know where to start. Like I said, it shifted from genre to genre. One thing for sure, I left the cinema hall feeling depressed because the story is quite deep and heavy...for me at least. I felt like there's no more hope for me left...if the thing in the movie happens to me. Quite scary actually. But Alex Proyas and his crew did great. I highly recommend this movie to everyone...although it is quite scary for kids. You should check it out if you still haven't. 4 and half stars out of 5.

By the way, the one-shot scene of the airplane crash landing was AWESOME! I felt like watching a reality show or Discovery Channel or something. Creepy and exciting at the same time. Seriously guys, go buy your movie tickets already!

No comments: