Thursday, April 30, 2009

Summer movies 2009!

I bet all moviegoers are gearing up for the summer movies frenzy. A lot of interesting titles are coming up. Here are some of the big titles that will invade movie theaters in May 2009 (based on release dates in the US).


X-men Origins: Wolverine


This movie had already been released on 29th April 2009 on certain territories. A month before its release, it had been hurt badly by Internet leaked. I hope it can still gain momentum to smash box-office records. I don't understand why people would want to watch unfinished product anyway.

Official release date: 1 May 2009
Official website: here


Star Trek


I'm not a Star Trek fan but I'm definitely going to watch this movie. I'd say that this movie is timely made because in this Hannah Montana and High School Musical era, not a lot of young people know about this successful franchise. With this movie, hopefully it's going to attract new fans.

Official release date: 8 May 2009
Official website: here


Angels and Demons


A sequel to The Da Vinci Code, this movie will bring back Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon to investigate a murder associated with Illuminati. This movie brings less controversy unlike its predecessor. Hopefully, all is well.

Official release date: 15 May 2009
Official website: here


Terminator Salvation


Arguably the most promoted summer movie of the year (in my country at least), this is the 4th movie in the Terminator franchise. With new robots, cyborgs, and casts, this movie would be a big hit this summer.

Official release date: 21 May 2009
Official website: Warner Bros., Sony


Night at the Museum 2: Battle of the Smithsonian


One of the big comedy title this summer, NatM:BotS brings back Ben Stiller as the museum caretaker who lives the night with historical people and creatures. A must see to those who love comedy and Ben Stiller (?).

Official release date: 22 May 2009
Official website: here


Up


Another flick from Disney / PIXAR. With a series of success from their previous efforts, I don't see why this one should fail. Fun characters, great story and stunning graphics are some of the things I expect to see from this movie. PIXAR is the expert when it comes to computer-generated animation so I expect nothing less from them.

Official release date: 29 May 2009
Official website: here


So are you guys excited? I know I am!

No comments: