Sunday, April 15, 2012

2012 Hollywood summer movies

May is around the corner, so it means that summer movies season is nearly here. But what to watch? Here are some of the films that got me interested.

1) The Avengers

I bet a lot of movie fans can't wait for The Avengers to come out. Although I like the assemble of Marvel superheroes in one film, but I'm a bit sceptical about why did they assemble. The movie need to have a good villain (or villains) and a good plot to attract audience than just promoting the superheroes, which is what the studio had been doing in their trailers. I'll probably wait for the reviews of the film before rushing to the cinemas when the movie comes out.

The Avengers scheduled to open in US on May 4, 2012.

2) Dark Shadows

This film obviously attracts me because of the collaboration of Johnny Depp and Tim Burton. The trailer looks fascinating too, which shows Johnny Depp character who turns into a vampire and accidentally awaken a few hundred years later after being buried alive. It was based on a gothic soap opera but with a more comedic approach, I think.

Dark Shadows opens in US cinemas on May 11, 2012.

3) Men in Black 3

This movie will be released 10 years after Men in Black II, which is quite a long time. As the trailer shows, the story will revolves around Agent J (Will Smith) going back in time to save the young Agent K (Josh Brolin) from being killed by an alien criminal. To be honest, I don't think the first two Men in Black films have great stories but its the casts of the films that made them charming.

Men in Black 3 will be released in US cinemas on May 25, 2012.


4) Snow White and the Huntsman

A new interpretation of a classic tale, and it seems to focus more on the villain than just the beauty protagonist. I'm excited to see Charlize Theron to play the evil Queen, she's so talented and gorgeous. And I know Kristen Stewart is talented too when I first saw her in Panic Room. But Snow White wielding a sword? Mmm...we'll see how this plays out.

Snow White and the Huntsman opens in US cinemas on June 1, 2012.


5) Prometheus

I definitely cannot wait for this film. Have you seen the trailer for Prometheus? The trailer looks so good, well, maybe because I like science fiction movies. But it does looks good, and seems to have a good story too. Prometheus was originally developed as a prequel to Alien, the famous 1979 film by Ridley Scott (who also the director and co-producer of Prometheus), but it had evolved to stand on its own.

Prometheus will be released in US on June 8, 2012 and slightly earlier in other territories.


6) Brave

PIXAR had proved itself again and again that it can produced great animation movies. So I'm pretty excited for Brave as it will be Pixar's first fairy tale animation. Directed by Mark Andrews and Brenda Chapman, Brave looks set to be a hit this summer.

Brave opens in US cinemas on June 22, 2012.

7) The Amazing Spider-Man

Don't you think it's too early for the studio to reboot this movie franchise? I think it is too early but at the same time I'm eager to see what direction will they take for this film. They got Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker aka Spider-Man and Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy, which I think is a great choice since both had been involved in great films before. We just have to see if the story is any good like the previous movie trilogy.

The Amazing Spider-Man scheduled to open in the US on July 3, 2012.


8) The Dark Knight Rises

This third and last film in Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy is undoubtedly one of the most anticipated film of the year. Christian Bale, Gary Oldman, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman will all be back for this film while Tom Hardy, Anne Hathaway, Marion Cotillard and Joseph Gordon-Levitt will be introduced as Bane, Selina Kyle (Catwoman), Miranda Tate and John Blake respectively.

The Dark Knight Rises will be released in US cinemas on July 20, 2012.

9) ParaNorman

ParaNorman is a stop-motion animation from the studio Laika which is famous for producing the highly acclaimed stop-motion animated film, Coraline. I already got excited just by hearing the word Coraline. I love Coraline! And I think ParaNorman would be as good as Coraline too. But one thing that got me worried is that I'm not sure if this movie will be released in Malaysia. I hope it will.

ParaNorman is scheduled to be internationally released on August 17, 2012.

So how's the 9 upcoming summer movies that I've listed? Did I miss any one of your favourite? I hope this post will get you excited and geared up for the summer movie releases. With so many films, you will have to choose wisely so that you won't spend your money on bad movies. Pick the one that you think you will enjoy. I know it's still too early but I hope you will enjoy with your choices!

All images from Wikipedia.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

D.D.P.
<a href="http://http://stupidfolder.blogspot.com>http://stupidfolder.blogspot.com/2012/04/system-of-down.html</a>

Unknown said...

nice pics for shair