Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Carly Rae Jepsen ~ Expanding career, maybe?

When I first heard Call Me Maybe on the radio, I almost switched channel. I thought it would be another new dance track from another new artist. Not that it would be bad if it was true, but I was looking for a song that I knew and can sing along to, I was driving you see, so I need the entertainment. But just I was about to press the button to another radio station, the song started to pick up and finally arrived at its chorus, and I was like, "Hey, this song is not bad!" It's a cute song, catchy with easy tune that people can sing along to even if its the first time people listening to it.

Of course I didn't know who the singer was. It was only on coincidence that I found out that Carly Rae Jepsen was the voice behind Call Me Maybe through YouTube. I thought she was a new artist but then I found out that she was a contestant in the fifth season of Canadian Idol and she already had several singles released in Canada as well. Oops!...My mistake. So she had been active for several years already and it seems that only now she began to expand her career to US and Asia. Good for her. I really like Call Me Maybe and I can't wait to hear other music from her. Hopefully she will gain success in her expanding music career.

You can click here to watch the funny music video of Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen. Enjoy!

Image from Wikipedia page.

No comments: