Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Movies of 2009

What movies are coming our way in 2009? Quite a lot of interesting titles I must say. Game adaption, comic adaptation, sequels, remake, you name it, they got it. So in this last day of 2008, I give you some of the movie titles (which I find interesting) that will be released in the 1st half of 2009.

January:

1) Inkheart (novel adaptation) - A lot of posters had been put up and Inkheart novel with the movie poster cover had already been released.

2) My Bloody Valentine 3D (remake) - I'm not really into 3D but I love good slasher movie, hope this one is good.

3) The Uninvited (Hollywood remake) - A Tale of Two Sisters, ring a bell? Well, this is the Hollywood remake of the Korean horror movie.

February:

4) Friday the 13th (remake) - Another slasher movie. Hope this one is good too.

5) Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li (game adaptation) - Starring Kristin Kreuk (Smallville), I'm curious how this movie will turned out.

March:

6) Watchmen (comic adaptation) - The trailer looks good. I just hope I don't have to read the comic books to understand the movie, because I didn't.

April:

7) Dragonball Evolution (manga adaptation) - Although I'm kind of disappointed that they steer a bit from the original storyline, but I'm still excited to watch this movie. Just look at the posters below, aren't they amazing? You can watch the trailer and read all the news about the movie at this great website, Dragonball The Movie (thanx for the posters!). I'm a big fan of the manga so I have very high hope for this movie.






May (Summer movies! Yay!) :

8) X-Men Origins: Wolverine (comic adaptation, spin-off) - The trailer gives me goosebumps. I must see this movie!

9) Terminator Salvation (sequel) - The first movie in the franchise that were set in the future. I saw the trailer when I watched The Day The Earth Stood Still so I bet you must have watched it too. Pretty good eh?

10) Up - A Pixar movie. I don't think I have to say much because Pixar rocks!

June:

11) The Haunting in Connecticut - They say that this movie is based on a true story. I'd watched the trailer and it looks quite impressive. Only time will tell.

12) Transformers : Revenge of the Fallen (sequel) - I'm not a big fan of the 1st movie but that doesn't mean I didn't like it. I just hope the story would balance out the heavy CG effects in this movie.

There you have it, some of the movies that will be released in the 1st half of 2009. Please note that the release months might change (the film distributors would decide that) and they are based on US theatrical release, so the movies might have different release dates in other countries. Plus, some of these movies might not even be released in some countries (because they are too many of them!).

No comments: