Saturday, January 9, 2016

My 2015 Top 20 Songs from K-pop Female Groups ~ No. 15 - No. 11

Welcome to my top 20 favourite songs for the year 2015 from K-pop female groups. I've started the countdown with the songs from number 20 to 16. Now let's check out the songs that landed on the number 15 spot until number 11.


15 - f(x) ~ 4 Walls

From left: Victoria, Amber, Krystal and Luna

I think f(x) is a very unique group, and one that can appeal to a worldwide listeners, and by that I mean not just K-pop music lovers but everyone. Their music had evolved and become more distinctive compared to the rest of the songs released by other female K-pop groups, which is a good thing as this can separate them from the others and make them stand-out. Their latest offering, 4 Walls, is a fantastic and unique song, which I feel complement their image beautifully. It's their first single as a 4-member group since the departure of one of their member, Sulli.


14 - Berry Good ~ Because of You

From top: DaYe, GoWoon, SeHyung, SeoYul and Taeha

Only 2 groups have more than one song in my top 20 list, and one of the group is Berry Good. Because of You can be said as a typical pop song with that cute, catchy chorus but somehow it managed to capture my heart with its sweet tune. I'm even surprised at how high I put this song in my list. It just shows how much I am in love with this song. It may not be as sophisticated as their other song in my list, My First Love, but that didn't mean that this song doesn't have its own charm. For me, it's a cute, dreamy love song. I love it!



13 - EXID ~ Ah Yeah

Clockwise left: Hani, Solji, Hyerin and Junghwa.
Center: LE

This song sounds a bit like their 2014's hit song, Up & Down, but it still sounds good though so I'm not complaining. While I think the song is very catchy and good overall, I have to say that the rap parts are its strong points. Usually in K-pop groups, some members are given more lines to sing than the others but I love how in EXID each member of the group were given almost equal time to shine. I wish they had used a different song's title though, too many song's title without actual meaning in 2015.



12 - 9 Muses ~ Sleepless Night

Left top to bottom: Euaerin, Hyemi, Kyungri and Sojin
Right top to bottom: Hyuna, Keumjo, Minha and Sungah

9 Muses had released 3 EPs in 2015 alone. While I enjoy all of their promotional songs for the year, personally I love Sleepless Night the most. It's a mid-tempo song and has that sexy sound to it which is perfect with the group's image. The echo-type sound in the song (sorry but I don't know what that instrument is) and the piano arrangement makes the song sound a bit mysterious too. Hmm...it's kind of weird to describe a song as "mysterious" but that's the word that pops up in my head when I listen to it. It's a pretty lovely song and I like it a lot.



11 - Tahiti ~ Skip

Clockwise from center top: Ari, Jerry, Jisoo, Minjae and Miso

This song is pretty damn catchy. It has that simple beats that echoed in your head, making you want to listen to it again and again. It's a pretty simple song but perhaps it's simplistic approach that caught my attention to it. The choreography is simple, easy to follow and kind of cute, and the music video itself is cute too. Sadly though, this song is not very popular (at least according to the YouTube view count) despite having all the potential ingredients to become viral. Hopefully they will have better luck in 2016.



So how's my chart been shaping up so far? Do you like any of the songs? Please check out the rest of the songs in my chart which I will be releasing soon, if not already. Thank you!

No comments: