Monday, January 11, 2016

My 2015 Top 20 Songs from K-pop Female Groups ~ No. 10 - No. 6

This will be the 3rd post for my 2015 top 20 favourite songs from K-pop female groups. I've already covered the bottom half of the chart and if you missed my previous posts, you can click here for songs at number 20 to 16, and here for number 15 till 11. It's okay to go through the list even if you don't really listen to K-pop songs before because who knows, you might find some new gems that you might like here.

Let's jump straight to the songs now. Here are the songs that inhabited the number 10 spot until number 6. Enjoy!


10 - 4Minute ~ Cold Rain

Top from left: Jiyoon, Hyuna and Sohyun
Bottom from left: Jihyun and Gayoon

I don't think I ever heard a ballad from 4Minute before. Their promotional songs are usually upbeat songs with fast tunes so I was a little surprised when I first heard this song. It was a welcome surprised though and it didn't even took long for me to fall in love with it. The song featured Gayoon's vocal prowess prominently but the rest of the members contributed well to the song too. I like the music video a lot as well, it has cool settings and all the members' styling were great, they all looked gorgeous in it.


9 - Girl's Day ~ Ring My Bell

Clockwise from top left: Hyeri, Minah, Yura and Sojin

I love Girl's Day, I like most of their songs and this one is one catchy tune as well. I didn't think I would like it at first but by the end of the song, I find myself humming to the tunes. It's easy to fall in love with it because, like I said, it's catchy and the repeatable beats and lyrics make it easy for people to hum along. They were caught in a controversy while promoting this song though, which is quite unfortunate, but hopefully everything will be fine and they will keep releasing awesome songs like this.



8 - Wonder Girls ~ I Feel You

From left: HyeRim, Sunmi, YeEun and Yubin

This is Wonder Girl's first single after being in hiatus for awhile, I think around 2 to 3 years? Finally they have made a comeback with this awesome 80's inspired song but they have a bit of a change in their line-up; Sunye and Sohee had left the group while Sunmi had rejoined them after she had left the group in early 2010. Their concept this time is very interesting which is a band concept where each member had been learning to play an instrument while they were on hiatus. Such dedication! This is an amazing comeback and the one that had been anticipated the most by their fans so good job to them, they had definitely delivered.



7 - Rania ~ Demonstrate

Clockwise from top left: Di, Hyeme, Seulji, T-ae and Xia
Center: Alex

This is a very cool song, I just can't stop listening to it. I had enjoyed some of Rania's previous songs before but this one is on another level for them, it's not just good, it's addictive! I like the beat a lot and the members look pretty awesome too with their style and dance moves. Like so many other female groups that are struggling to compete in the industry, Rania had been through some members change and surprisingly had added an African-American to their line-up, Alexandra (or just Alex). She has yet to officially join the group with this comeback but she did rap and was featured in the song.



6 - A.kor ~ Always

Top from left: Da Ya, Jiyoung and Kemy
Bottom from right: MinJu and Tae Hee

I love this song...a lot! It's kind of cute but has that sassy-ness to it as well. The group previous concept was more of a badass concept which many of K-pop fans might have liked because it's kind of different from the other female groups but I prefer this softer side of them. Well it's not entirely an innocent concept either, it's more like in the middle between a cute concept and a badass concept. It's unfortunate that this group are not popular (or should I say hated by some K-pop fans) because I like them more and more with each release. I really want to see more from them so hopefully the hate will die off a bit and they will manage to get back on track with their music career.



We are closer to the top now. Which song do you think will be my favourite song of the year? Check out my final post for the number one spot that will be uploaded soon, if not already.

No comments: