Sunday, January 17, 2016

My 2015 Top 20 Songs from K-pop Female Groups ~ No. 5 - No. 1

Welcome to my 4th and final post for 2015 top 20 favourite songs from K-pop female groups. I hope there are some good songs in my list that you like too. Like I said in my previous post, you could probably find some hidden gems here even if you don't really listen to any K-pop songs because music is universal after all.

Before we go to the top 5, here are the links to go to my previous posts for other songs in the chart;

a) Number 20 - 16
b) Number 15 - 11
c) Number 10 - 6

Now, let's wrap this up shall we?


5 - The Ark ~ The Light

From left: Jane, Halla, Minju, Yujin and Yuna Kim

This is an incredible song with an even incredible music video. The song is beautiful and meaningful and coupled that with the music video it just became a masterpiece. The song might just land on my number five spot, but if I would have based my chart on the music videos, the music video for The Light would have definitely be at the number one instead. It's a brilliant and heart-touching story told in just about 3 and a half minutes, which is really amazing. I don't know who the director, screenwriter or even the actress who played the mother are in this music video (the character of the daughter was played by The Ark's member, Halla) but kudos to them and all the people involved for making this piece of art a reality. Such a great accomplishment.


4 - Crayon Pop ~ FM

Clockwise from top left: Choa, Ellin, Way and Soyul
Center: Geummi

FM is a great song, it has addictive beats and I love it so much. The lyric is a bit unique with references to chemicals like sodium and the molecular formula for glucose, while the music video is somewhat influenced by Sailor Moon and Power Rangers, which makes it kind of cute and fun to watch. I started to love Crayon Pop from their song Saturday Night. They are a unique group with quirky concepts and I can't wait to see what they are going to become in their next comeback.



3 - Oh My Girl ~ Closer

Top from left: Arin, Binnie, Hyojung, and Jiho
Bottom from left: YooA, Seunghee, Mimi and JinE

Oh My Girl is definitely lucky to have this song written for them because it's so rare for a new group to receive an amazing song like this. It's a hauntingly beautiful song and has that epic sound to it which I believe can make it easily accessible worldwide. The girls sound marvelous in it with their angelic voices and the rap part is a standout as well so congratulations for their great delivery in the song. Being this good with only their second single is a great achievement. Good job Oh My Girl, keep up the good work and you can become a very successful and influential group.



2 - HelloVenus ~ I'm Ill

Top from left: Yooyoung, Alice and Yeoreum
Bottom from left: Nara, Lime and Seoyoung

This song is so addictive I just want to dance everytime I listen to it. HelloVenus had since changed their image once they had become an exclusive act of Fantagio, stripped all of their cute concept and are now more known as a sexy dance female group with upbeat songs. I'm Ill might be somewhat drowned among all of the songs released around the same time as it was, but personally I find the song to be memorable and superb.



1 - AOA ~ Heart Attack

Top from left: Seol-Hyun, Mina, Ji-Min and Yu-Na
Bottom from right: Chan-Mi, Cho-A and Hye-Jeong

My number one spot goes to Heart Attack by AOA! It's an excellent song and one of the finest song from Brave Brothers, the writer and composer of Heart Attack. In fact, I like most of his songs, he even wrote I'm Ill and Sleepless Night which are in my list this year. I think Heart Attack fits perfectly with AOA, image-wise and vocal-wise, and the concept for the music video which used lacrosse (a popular sport particularly in Canada) as the theme makes it even more amusing. The song was released around mid-2015 but I'm still constantly listening to it now, which just shows how much I love the song, and also explains why it came out on top in this list. Love it!


So we have come to the end of the chart. What do you think of it? Do you like any of the songs? Which song would be your number one choice if it is your chart?

Below is the full list of this chart;

1) AOA ~ Heart Attack
2) HelloVenus ~ I'm Ill
3) Oh My Girl ~ Closer
4) Crayon Pop ~ FM
5) The Ark ~ The Light
6) A.Kor ~ Always
7) Rania ~ Demonstrate
8) Wonder Girls ~ I Feel You
9) Girl's Day ~ Ring My Bell
10) 4Minute ~ Cold Rain
11) Tahiti ~ Skip
12) Nine Muses ~ Sleepless Night
13) EXID ~ Ah Yeah
14) Berry Good ~ Because of You
15) f(x) ~ 4 Walls
16) 4Minute ~ Crazy
17) Laboum ~ Aalow Aalow
18) Berry Good ~ My First Love
19) Purfles ~ A Bad Thing
20) Girls' Generation ~ Catch Me If You Can

I hope you enjoy my Top 20 list and thank you for reading!

No comments: