Thursday, September 18, 2008

Hunters VS Chimera Ants


This is the latest manga of Hunter X Hunter that is available in Malaysia, which is Vol. 25 (sorry for the blur pic). This is one of my favorite manga series so waiting for the next issue to come out is kinda painful. The hiatus that have been associated with this series makes it worst. From what I read, the latest hiatus started in mid-May 2008 and the series will return in October 2008. I hope this is true because I'm dying to know what happen next.

For those who are new to the series, Hunter X Hunter tells the story of our young protagonist, Gon and his adventures to become a great hunter and also to find his long-lost father, Ging. Other main characters include Kirua, a young fighter from a famous family of assassins; Kurapika, the only survivor of the Kurta clan; and Leorio, a street smart Hunter who wants to become a doctor to help the poor.

The latest story arc is about a group of Chimera Ants that has taken over a country. They are actually some type of human + animal hybrid and are very powerful and dangerous. The Ant King wants to take over the world and the Hunters must stop him and his Royal Guards and other minions.

In the latest issue, Vol. 25, the Hunters start to infiltrate the King palace and battle the Ants. It's going to be tough fighting the 3 Royal Guards, and I'm not even sure if they can kill the Ant King. Things are definitely going to be more interesting in the next volume. I wonder who will win?

I hope I don't have to wait long for the next issue.

No comments: