Friday, September 26, 2008

There goes the Beauty Queens











Pailin, one of my favorite racers in TARA 3 (and the one I have a crush on!) was eliminated as she and her teammate arrived last at the pit stop in the 3rd leg of the race. I admire her strength, spirit, patience and everything that I witness about her and I believe she can go farther if she had a better partner. I'm talking about you, Natalie. But I guess I kinda understand how Nat felt, she did not expect the race to be this hard and she just lost her will to race. At least she still voluntered to do the Roadblock task that required her to search for old coins that represents 7 Emperors of the Nguyen Dynasty in a vast area and then arrange them in order of their reign. She did tried her hardest, if not best, to do the task. In fact she went twice to the locations where she found the coins to get the correct order but the race was taking its toll on her and she failed to complete the task. I was amazed to see how patient Pailin was with Natalie. Yeah she looked dissapointed when they were eliminated but still she managed to keep her cool. I'm impressed! Lucky Nat to have such a nice and understanding friend like Pailin. And that's why I LOVE Pailin!

In this 3rd leg of the race, the racers went to Hue, Vietnam by bus. It takes 25 hours for them to reach there! And when they arrived, they found out that they need to change a tire and oil from a jeep. Then with the jeep, they made their way to Khai Dinh Tomb for their Roadblock task, the one that I had explained above. After that, they faced a Detour and had to choose between Sticks or Stalks. They need to make 10 incense sticks in Sticks task while in Stalks task, they must thrash rice stalks to collect 2 baskets of rice grains. All the teams picked Sticks while only Geoff and Tisha picked Stalks after having difficulty in making the incense sticks.

Next, they headed to Quoc Hoc Park. From there,they need to paddle a cycle rickshaw to the pit stop at Hue Citadel. The rickshaw was definitely hard to control because all the teams were strugling with it. Henry & Bernie even toppled over on the read. What an accident. I hope they were fine. But with all the bad luck they had with their vehicle, Henry & Bernie still managed to arrived 1st at the pit stop 2 times in a row. Congratulations!

The race is getting tougher and the racers are reaching their limits. I wonder what happened in the next episode?

No comments: