Sunday, September 26, 2021

Shadows House is airing on Animax Asia

I actually never heard of this anime before but I am so glad I stumbled upon it when it was first aired on TV. Shadows House is an anime adaptation of Japanese manga series of the same name written and illustrated by duo So-ma-to. The animated series is produced by CloverWorks.

The anime is about Living Dolls who are the servants of the denizens of Shadow House who all live in a grand mansion. Each Shadow person would have his or her own Living Doll not only to serve them but also represent them as the Shadow person is not visibly recognizable by face. The story focused on a new Living Doll named Emilico and her mistress, Kate. Together they uncover the dark secrets behind the mystery of the mansion and its inhabitants. I wish I could tell you more but as of the 4th episode that I've watched, not much has been revealed yet. Besides, I think it is best for you to enjoy the story yourself without any spoilers.

So far, I have enjoyed the story and the animation is nice visually too. I like the characters that have been introduced thus far with both Emilico and Kate are my favourites. That kind of make sense since the anime explored much of these two characters anyway in the first 4 episodes. I'm looking forward to get to know more about the rest of the characters especially Lou, she seems rather mysterious and interesting. I am also very much in love with the closing theme track "Nai Nai" by ReoNa. It's an awesome song.

The anime is licensed to Funimation outside of Asia. For Asian viewers, if you have Animax Asia, you can watch it there. It is airing every Monday and Tuesday at 8 pm (2 episodes airing on each day). It started airing on September 20th so 4 episodes have been aired so far. I'm sure they would have repeat airing afterwards but it's not too late for you to catch up with the series now if you haven't already.

For more info, you can check out Animax Asia website.



No comments: