Sunday, September 12, 2021

2021 PlayStation Showcase: What's Your Most Anticipated Game?

Did you watch the 2021 PlayStation Showcase event? I didn't catch the livestream but I did watched the video that they uploaded later and I must say, what a fantastic line-up of games!

There are altogether 18 games that were showcased but I'm going to pick half of it that I find interesting. Find out my list down below and you can click on the links to be directed to the individual game trailer on YouTube.


This is a nice surprise. We see so little of it and yet it looks so good and promising. There are quite a few X-Men games before but I only ever play fighting games when it comes to X-Men characters. This game will probably be more focused and character-driven on the aforementioned title character based on the title. I wonder if it will have an original story, or adapted from a comic book series or movies?


There are two things that stood out for me during the video for this game; one is the hand movement of the player character when in combat which looks very cool; and second the ghost design that the player will be fighting that reminiscent the ghosts from Japanese folklore and urban legend, which is also very cool. It seems to be very action-heavy but still have that horror element to it.



This is a very cute game. The island setting looks very gorgeous and inviting. I'm not sure how the gameplay works, at first I thought it was just an exploration game where players can inhabit other creatures but as the video continue, it seems to have combat as well together with a very curious story. I'm intrigued.


This is another nice surprise, it was announced out of nowhere. I'm sure people have so many questions regarding this game but as it is schedule to be released in 2023, I don't think we will get much answer yet for now. This and Wolverine are being develop by Insomniac Games.


To be honest, I don't know anything about the classic game that they are remaking but I hear so many good things about it, and read the excitement from people who had played the original game, that I am in turn become excited too. If the original game is as excellent as people claim it is, then this remake will be a special one for a lot of people.



Stylish character and stylish combat. The robot companion and the enemies' attacks reminded me of Nier: Automata while the character's combat styles reminded me of Devil May Cry series. Overall, this looks good.


The visuals for this game is just amazing. The open world, the enemies, the main character's design and most importantly, the power display that the main character is projecting. Not sure what's the story about other than the main character who got sucked into an unknown world and was asked to defeat a powerful...witch? Square Enix, the publisher of the game, described it as a "narrative-driven adventure" and it will focus on speed and fluidity travel of the open world. Sounds exciting!


I always wanted to play this game and it seems now I have a chance! For someone who cannot afford to buy multiple consoles, this news is indeed a blessing. The remastered will have general improvements, support 4k resolutions, will include both DLCs and additionally will include a new commentary track by Sam Lake.



I think most of the people watching the showcase will have this game as their most wanted game. The footage that they showed finally revealed some of the characters that will appear as well as the gameplay, which looks oddly familiar but at the same time feels updated and refreshing. This is going to be an amazing and emotional adventure for Kratos, Atreus and us (the players!) who will accompany them on yet another soon-to-be epic journey.

Which of the showcased games are you most excited about? If you missed the rest of the games revealed at the event, you can check them out below.

No comments: