Monday, February 7, 2022

My 2020 Top 60 Songs: The Best From K-pop Female Groups ~ No. 20 - No. 11

*I can't believe I had been postponing this yet again! A lot is happening in my personal life and I just can't find the right time to write. However, I am determined to finish this list and then straight away continue with my 2021 list as well so...let's just hope I will make it.*

Here's Part 5 for my top 60 K-pop songs from female groups in 2020 for songs at number 20 until 11. Let's jump right in!




This is one of those songs that doesn't sound like a Gfriend song. You know, usually you can hear in their songs that kind of familiar sounds that you can straight away associate with them but no, not this one. Apple sounds different and that is actually good for them. It shows their versatility. As of this writing, Gfriend has disbanded. To be honest, how many of us would expect that this would be one of the last songs that they would release?




I'm so in love with this song! It's fun, cute and reminded me of the concepts that Orange Caramel used to pull when they were active. Seriously, more groups should try quirky concepts like this, I don't think we have enough of them nowadays.




They never take a break, do they? They keep releasing song after song after song...sometimes I wonder if they have enough rest between releases. Anyway, More & More is an awesome dance track and the dance break in the music video was phenomenal. The music video was beautifully shot too. In my opinion. this is one of their best track.




Apink is one of the senior girl group which is still active in the music industry and their songs have been continuously popular too eventhough they have been in the industry for quite some time...much respect to them! Dumhdurum is another great song from them and again, this song continue their trend of more mature and sophisticated sound like their previous songs "I'm So Sick" and "%% (Eung Eung)", which is a departure from their earlier pop and cutesy releases. This is definitely a right path for them and I hope they continue to release more bops like this.




This song is so energetic it gets your blood pumping. I know that's a weird way to describe a song but this EDM-rock song really gets you going. You feel like you want to head-banging together with the uptempo beats of the song. You just feel so alive! Okay, it's getting weirder, let me stop now.




I like Momoland, they are a fun group and they always churn out fun, upbeat songs and Thumbs Up is another great release from them. Interesting concept for the music video too. They suffered from bad publicity and lost some members but I hope they keep on going and keep on releasing great songs like they always do. As for this release, thumbs up from me!




This is the second song from Everglow in my 2020 list. If you missed it, I placed Dun Dun, another song from them released in 2020, at number 22. One of the member, E:U, also contributed to the lyrics for La Di Da. I really love this song, it has 80's vibe to it and I'm really digging into it. I'm so in love with the music video too, which I think looks gorgeous and quite highly stylized. The few seconds scene of them dancing in slow motion was really exceptionally edited, I really like that part a lot.




Originally I thought I wouldn't like this song for some reason but in the end, I was literally quite obsessed with it. I listened to it quite a lot for couple of months. It was so addictive and like the title itself, it makes me feel good. I like the styling that the girls had in the music video, as well as the choreography. I almost always like the choreography that they have for their songs so that was no surprise.




What a great song this is, I love it! Yes, cignature is fast becoming one of my favourite new girl group. The concept for the music video, with the laser lights and colourful sets, was really well done as well. I'm not sure how popular they are in Korea or outside of Korea for that matter, but I think at least their company is managing them well in terms of their music with well-composed songs and well-made concepts for them, which I think is really cool.




Honestly, KEEMBO doesn't get as much recognition and attention that they truly deserved because this duo is seriously super talented. They had released several songs in 2020 but Scandalous is my favourite out of all of them. Great vocals, great song, fun music video; it's a perfect combination. More people should check them out. 


Finally finished the second-to-last post for this. One more to go!

If you missed previous posts, check the links below;


No comments: