Monday, February 14, 2022

My 2020 Top 60 Songs: The Best From K-pop Female Groups ~ No. 10 - No. 1

Here's the final part for my favourite songs from female K-pop groups in 2020 where I finally can introduce to you my top 10. Wow, such a long journey. Sorry for procrastinating this. Now, let's go to the songs. Can you guess which group top my list?




IZ*ONE had officially disbanded in April 2021 but that's okay, we still can enjoy their music and music videos through various platforms. They had lots of cool music and Fiesta is probably one of my favourite. It's a super upbeat song and it's almost as if they were rushing when they are singing this song which kind of funny when I think about it. Still, it's super catchy and a highly addictive song so you've been warned.




I'm so in love with this song. It's different, it doesn't really sound like a K-pop song and I think I did need some time to get used to it when I first heard it but I was definitely hooked by the time the song was over. I'm in love with the music video too; it was beautifully shot, the edits were good, the members were stunning and the choreography was just perfect. For some reason, I was mesmerized by the flying orbs scene in the music video. I'm not sure why....




This song and the music video that accompanied it were such a nice surprise, because it was a departure from the type of songs that the group used to release before. It was an experiment for them I guess, but it worked, they all committed to it and they delivered. The link that I provided for the music video is for the normal version but I really recommend that you check out the uncensored version as well; it was interesting and well made and definitely my choice when I want to watch the music video.




I must admit, I wasn't really into this song before but it grows on me and now I think it is one of the best K-pop songs for 2020, obviously since it's in my top 10. There's something about the group's songs that always sound different to me, since their debut with Dalla Dalla until now. I'm not sure how the company do it but they always manage to find the most unique songs and give it to them. I view it as part of their identity now, to have unique songs every comeback.




This is such a good dance track. The music just makes you want to bop your head, or move your shoulders, or just get up and dance. It's a cute, upbeat song and kind of feminine too if that make sense which I think consistent with the group's image and previous concepts. The choreography is cute too and compliments the song perfectly.




What an amazing song this is. The music and the vocals are fantastic. The music video with the gorgeous styling for the members, the beautiful background settings and the tight choreography; it was all just so perfectly cool. They are getting more popular, aren't they? I saw a lot of YouTubers react to them and their album sales seem to be rising so I hope my assumption is true because they do deserve the recognition. It's long overdue.




I rarely have ballads in my list but when I do, you know it must be good. Well, I know we don't necessarily have same taste in music but please believe me, this is really good! It's from a sub-unit of the group Pink Fantasy which consists of just 2 members; Yechan and Yubeen. It's a beautiful ballad and the members sung it beautifully with their strong and powerful vocals. If you haven't check this out, you should. Go. Now.




This group has so much potential; the song is fantastic, the vocals are good, the dance is on point, and the music video is well made and polished. Everything seemed to be working well but unfortunately the group has disbanded. Such a waste of so much potential and talent. I'm honestly sad. I hope all of the former members are doing well and I wish them all luck in their next endeavours. One of the member, Bian, had joined a different group named Majors and they had released several songs in 2021. You can check that out if you're interested.




I'm pretty sure every K-pop fans know about the iconic shoulder dance move by now. I've mentioned before that ITZY seems to have unique song every comeback but one more aspect that I like about them is their creative choreography. Again, their company managed to find not only unique songs for them but also choreographer to choreograph these creative moves. Whoever the team behind ITZY, I applaud you. In case you didn't notice, I have 2 of their songs not only in my list but both of them are in my top 10. Do you like ITZY's songs too?




I would be very surprised if you managed to guess my number one song for 2020. I would say they have a sizable group of fans but they are not considered a "big" group, and the song was not even the title track for the mini album that they released that year. But I don't discriminate, as long as the song has a music video, I would consider them in, and in this case, This Is Me does have a music video albeit a dance version only. I'm not sure what it is but the song just pulls me in; it's upbeat, has bubblegum pop sound to it, and also...sounds happy? I don't know but happy is definitely how I feel whenever I listen to this song.


Finally I have finished it! All 60 songs have been listed. I have to admit, it was quite a task to finalize the songs especially my top 10 songs but I finally did it, and my 2020 list is complete. Hooray! But I still got work to do which is to finalize my next list of songs which is for 2021. I'm not sure if I would go with top 60 again, should I do top 50 instead? Top 40? We'll see.

Anyway, thank you for reading.

Here are the links if you missed previous posts;

No comments: