Saturday, February 7, 2009

A talented yound Idol


A cute face, a soulful voice, a huge fan base, but does he have what it takes to be successful in the entertainment world? Here's a track-to-track review of David Archuleta self-titled debut album.

1. Crush (J. Cates/D. Hodges/E. Kiriakou)

> I don't think I need to say much about this song coz everyone knows how great this 1st single is by now.

2. Touch My Hand (W. Wilkins/S. Kipner/S. McEwan)

> OMG, I had goosebumps the 1st time I listen to this song. Definitely my favourite track from the album. LOVE IT!

3. Barriers (W. Wilkins/S. Kipner/S. McEwan)

> These trio really know how to compose a good song coz this track is really great too. A little bit weird at chorus the 1st time I heard it but definitely one of the best track from the album.

4. My Hands (E. Kiriakou/J. Fauntleroy III/Z. Bey)

> I like it but David sounds a little out of breath when singing this. Still, he delivers. Great job!

5. A Little Too Not Over You (D. Archuleta/M. Krompass/M. Gerrard/R. Nevil)

> I'm surprised David Archuleta co-wrote this, it just proved how talented he is. It's a really good song. I keep playing it in my head. A catchy & friendly song that easy to sing-along to.

6. You Can (A. Armato/T. James)

> A nice ballad. I really like the chorus.

7. Running (K. Risto/W. Nugent/D. Torimiro/J. Fauntleroy III/S. Russell)

> A nice song but I must say that it's 1 of my least favourite track from the album.

8. Desperate (A. Carlsson/D. Child/A. Rethwisch/K. Rethwisch)

> I felt really strange and little bit awkward at first listening to David Archuleta saying 'desperate' a few times during the chorus but after awhile, I don't really bother coz the music is good. I really love the music especially during the 1st verse.

9. To Be With You (E. Kiriakou/K. DioGuardi)

> Another ballad, and a nice 1 too. With Kara DioGuardi as the background vocal, it really sounds like a duet. Well, I'd wish it was a duet coz I think it will sound great.

10. Don't Let Go (JC Chasez/J. Harry/D. Archuleta)

> Another song co-wrote by David Archuleta. A nice song but 1 of my least favourite track from the album. Sorry....

11. Your Eyes Don't Lie (A. Armato/T. James/D. Karaoglu)

> A very unique song. Love the whistling sound. It made the song sounds like it was taken from a country album. Did I mention unique?

12. Angels (A. Chambers/R. Williams)

> Yes, a cover song.It's one of the hits from Robbie Williams. It really suits with David Archuleta's voice. I love it! Actually, I'm already bored with the song but with David singing it, I'm willing to hear it again.

So basically that was what I feel about each track in the album. I'm a little bit disappointed though that there are no lyrics included in the leaflet. I would love to sing along to many of the songs. The inside leaflet had several (cute) pics of David including a big pic of him on the other side that could be considered a mini poster and thank you notes. It also listed several of his websites, all 3 of them. Just click here, here and here to go there.

As a conclusion, this album is not just for the 'Archies' or 'Arch Angels' (as what his fans called themselves) but also for those who are not his fans but enjoy good pop music. You should give it a try if you love pop songs coz I believe this David would be a master of it.

No comments: