Sunday, April 19, 2015

America's Next Top Model Cycle 21 ~ My 5 Favourite Photos (Guys)

Welcome to my second post for America's Next Top Model Cycle 21 where I'm listing down my top 10 favourite photos from this cycle. I've separated the list into Top 5 Guys and Top 5 Girls. I had already done the list for the girls, if you missed it, you can check out the post here. Before we start, let me remind you of the rule that I made when I was shortlisting the list; I've limit the photos to 2 photos per contestant. Now, let's find out who are listed in my top 5 list for the guys. Let's start!


5) Keith


Contestant: Keith Carlos
Episode: 08 (Heritage + A.I. relationship)

Keith is the first ever male winner for the reality show, so congratulations to him! While I do like some of his photos, I must admit that sometimes he always give the same kind of look in his photos and there is lack of variety in his expressions. That is why I like his photo from this photoshoot, where his face had this mixture of confusion and angry expressions that differs from his other photos. For this photoshoot, the contestants were dressed based on their heritage (which was based on their DNA results), where it also involved Cory Hindorff, a contestant from the previous cycle. Cory acted as a cyborg and they played a science-fiction future scenario where the contestants had some kind of relationship with an artificial intelligence. I know, sounds complicated. But at least Keith nailed it. He look really good in this photo, so bravo to him.


4) Adam


Contestant: Adam Smith
Episode: 12 (Honeymoon)

Adam oh Adam, how had I misjudged you in the beginning of the competition. Who would have thought you would go all the way to become a top 3 contestant? I certainly didn't when I first saw him in the first couple of episodes for this cycle. He didn't seemed to be taking this competition seriously, as noted by some of the contestants too. But if you continue to watch his progress throughout this cycle, you will notice his determination and how he worked really hard to excel in each photoshoot, and how he also highly respected the judges and taking every criticism that had been thrown to him with his head held high. He got my respect for working very hard despite the doubts and skepticism that had come his way. And he really improved a lot especially towards the end of the competition, like this shot taken at the Gyeongbokgung Palace. Although Adam landed in the bottom 2 because of this photo, I still think he looked great in it.

3) Will


Contestant: Will Jardell
Episode: 09 (Mitch Stone Essentials ad campaign)

Will ended up in second place in this cycle. The judges seemed to like him a lot and it did seemed that a lot of his pictures were loved by the public as well (based on the voting). There were definitely some beautiful shots and this shot that he took with his best pal in this competition, Raelia Lewis, is my favourite shot from him. It was a difficult shoot as the contestants were paired and the guys had to lift the girls up, but he certainly managed it. He has a photogenic face and it clearly shows in this photo. While I don't have a lot of his pictures shortlisted in my list before I came out with this top 5, I certainly think that he could model, and I even think that he could have a successful modelling career with that face alone. Good luck to him!


2) Ben


Contestant: Ben Schreen
Episode: 04 (Twofold optical illusion)

I love this photo...a lot! The fact that it was taken so early in the competition where the contestants mostly were still learning about modelling and warming up to the competition makes it even more impressive. I personally think that Ben looked like a working model in this photo, like it was taken straight from an ad in a fashion magazine. It is definitely not easy to lie on the ground and pretend that you are running but Ben pulled it off nicely. He sells the clothes too because I like the clothes that they put on him and he made me wanted to buy them. He had such a potential to go far in this competition, it's quite heart-breaking that he was eliminated quite early.


1) Adam


Contestant: Adam Smith
Episode: 13 (Portraying Elvis Presley and Marilyn Monroe)

For this photoshoot, the final five contestants had to portray either Marilyn Monroe (for the girls) or Elvis Presley (for the guys). It looks like a fun photoshoot with all the crowd and colourful setting. I don't really like the rest of the photos from the other contestants for this photoshoot but the photo for Adam...I love it! Or should I say I'm obsessed with it. He looked amazing in it, and definitely deserving of the best photo call-out that he received for this episode. Adam improved a lot throughout the competition and this photo just proved that all his hard work was finally worth it. Absolutely stunning, a job well done!


So there you have it, my top 5 favourite photos from the guys. Before I end this post, I want to make a simple tribute to the fallen contestant from this cycle, Mirjana Puhar, who had been found dead in a triple homicide. She was a beautiful contestant, and had a lot of potential of becoming a great model, but sadly her life ended too soon. RIP Mirjana, you will be missed.


Images source: America's Next Top Model Cycle 21 album webpage.

No comments: