Sunday, April 12, 2015

America's Next Top Model Cycle 21 ~ My 5 Favourite Photos (Girls)

I know the 21st cycle of America's Next Top Model had aired a long time ago in the US but it was only one or two months ago when the finale was aired through StarWorld channel in Asia. So here I am, listing down my top 10 favourite photos for this cycle from the show. Or should I say top 5? I will be separating my list into girls and guys photos, with 5 of my favourite photos for each category. I also include one simple rule when I was shortlisting my list; each contestant can only have a maximum of 2 photos each. That makes it a lot easier for me to cut it down to only my top 5 picks.

Since the girls didn't win this cycle, let's start with them first, shall we? Below are my top 5 favourite photos of the girls from America's Next Top Model Cycle 21. Hope you enjoy it!


5) Chantelle


Contestant: Chantelle Young
Episode: 11 (MCM brand)

Chantelle was one of the unique contestant in the reality show because of her unique skin condition, nevertheless she was still a fierce competitor, perhaps maybe too fierce that made her somewhat alienated from the rest of the contestants. She was also the contestant that was originally eliminated and then brought back into the competition based on public voting. Obviously she was very popular based on the votes. I like this photo of her because her face looked soft, which was the opposite of her strong personality. I like the movement she made in the photo too. Sadly, this is the photo that landed her in the bottom two. But still, I like it! She looked good in this.


4) Kari


Contestant: Kari Calhoun
Episode: 06 (Hair whipping)

For this sixth episode, the contestants were doing a motion shoot with photographer Massimo Campana that involved whipping their hair. So it was not really a "photo" produced in this shoot, instead it was a short slow motion video. There were some amazing shots produced for this episode, and Kari's was one of my favourite. I always thought Kari have a very interesting face that set her apart from the rest of her competition. However, I feel her make-over was a bit too much and it turned her face a bit weird, but maybe that what was Tyra Banks was going for? A unique look for her? Nevertheless, she looked amazing in this shoot and I like it a lot.

3) Lenox


Contestant: Lenox Tillman
Episode: 11 (MCM brand)

Here's another photo from the MCM photoshoot. This time it's from Lenox, which is my favourite contestant from this cycle. I like the way Lenox posed in this photo, with her twisted leg and gorgeous face, she looked amazing in this shot. She was the last girl standing in the competition and she took many amazing shots throughout this cycle, but this one taken in Seoul, South Korea is definitely one of my favourite photo from her.


2) Shei


Contestant: Andrea "Shei" Phan
Episode: 11 (MCM brand)

Another photo from the MCM photoshoot? Yes, it looks like I like quite a bit the photos taken in this episode, especially the girls photos. Shei is another favourite contestant of mine in this cycle; she's a nice girl, sweet, pretty, calm and very mature in handling conflicts throughout this cycle. She had my respect in the way she carried herself during the entire run of this cycle. But she struggled quite a bit in this competition; sometimes she performed well and on top of her game, sometimes she was just average, and sometimes she was near the bottom of the pack. But she did have some beautiful shots and this shot for the MCM brand is my favourite shot from her. She looked really great in this, kudos to her for this amazing photo.


1) Lenox


Contestant: Lenox Tillman
Episode: 06 (Hair whipping)

I did mention before that my favourite contestant for this cycle is Lenox, so it should be to no one surprise that her photo would top my favourite photos list from the girls. It's another slow motion shot from photographer Massimo Campana, and this shot of Lenox is absolutely amazing. I love it...a lot! She looked great, and to think that she could delivered this when she only had five frames for this shoot (since she was penalised for having the lowest score in the previous episode) was extraordinary. She was struggling in the beginning, but she pulled herself together and she did it. Such a fantastic shot. Well done Lenox!


So that is my top 5 picks from the girls for America's Next Top Model Cycle 21. What do you think about my list? And did I missed out any of your favourite shots? Stay tune for my top 5 picks for the guys. Who do you think will top the list? And who is your favourite male contestant from this cycle?

Images source: America's Next Top Model Cycle 21 album webpage.

No comments: