Monday, April 6, 2015

What to watch? ~ 2015 movies: April

Bigger and bigger movies are coming your way. Which movies that are coming out in April that I'm most excited about?


1) Furious 7


I have never watch a Fast and Furious films in movie theater before, not because I don't like it but because I prefer to watch them on television. Besides, I'm not really into cars which this series is obviously obsessed about. But for this seventh entry, I might consider to watch it in cinemas, not only because I had heard many good things about it but also because this will be the last time I can watch Paul Walker, who tragically involved in a car accident and passed away, for the last time in movie theater. The trailer looks good so I might have a good time watching it. Beside Paul Walker, the movie also starred Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Dwayne Johnson, Tyrese Gibson, Jason Statham, Chris Bridges (Ludacris), Jordana Brewster, Tony Jaa, Kurt Russell and Ronda Rousey. Directed by James Wan, the movie had already open in cinemas (and currently banking a lot of money at the box-office) on April 3, 2015.


2) Child 44


I seldom watch movies with heavy themes in cinemas, but sometimes there are some movies that caught my interest with the story that it wants to deliver, like the one in Child 44, a movie adaptation from the novel of the same name by author Tom Rob Smith. The movie is about a disgraced MGB Agent named Leo Demidov played by Tom Hardy, who is tasked in investigating a series of brutal murder involving children. I kind of like the cast too, beside Tom Hardy the movie also starred Noomi Rapace, Joel Kinnaman and Gary Oldman. The film setting also looks interesting which is in Soviet Union during Stalin's rule. Directed by Daniel Espinosa, the film is scheduled on April 17, 2015.

3) Unfriended


I'm interested in the concept of this film, six friends on Skype were terrorized by an unknown person while they were on cam with each other. From the trailer, the setting looks kind of simple, so the film would need to be really creative in engaging the audiences and to keep them interested. Originally known as Offline as its working title before it was changed to Cybernatural, the film's title was once again changed to Unfriended for its worldwide release. The film had already premiered at a film festival in 2014 and had received generally positive feedback, so I'm hoping the film would be very good. Unfriended would be released in cinemas on April 17, 2015.


4) Avengers: Age of Ultron


This will be the most anticipated movie in 2015 for most people, am I right? Although the film would be released in May 1, 2015 in United States, it will be released a week earlier in some countries, so that is why I listed this movie in my April list. This film would bring together the Avengers once again and introduced new characters like Pietro Maximoff / Quicksilver played by Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Wanda Maximoff / Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen) and Ultron (James Spader), which will be the main villain for this movie. Which of our favourite Avengers will survive, and which of them will perish? And I wonder how much money will this movie make at the box-office?


Too many movies to watch, with a strict budget surely I won't be able to watch all of them at the cinemas. And as you can see each month, more and more interesting movies are being released. This is seriously killing my wallet. What about you? Which movies would you spend your money on to watch in the cinemas?

No comments: