Wednesday, November 5, 2014

What to watch? ~ 2014 movies: November

Quite a few big movies are coming out soon so let's just jump straight to business, shall we? Here are the movies that will be released in cinemas in November that I'm most interested in. Let's start!


1. Interstellar


This movie is shrouded in mystery. Nothing much is revealed about the plot and yet audiences are expected to be blown away by the movie. Well, if it's some other movie, I might not be tempted but it's a Christopher Nolan movie, so of course I believe whatever they are saying! I started to like his movie since The Prestige and I think he's going to deliver yet another amazing cinematic experience with Interstellar. Reviews for this film started to come out from the movie critics and surprisingly, they were quite unimpressed with his latest effort. Maybe he had set the bar too high before that even he has difficulty to overcome now? Nevertheless, I love science fiction movies so I'm looking forward for this, and you can bet I'll be watching this in the cinema the weekend it come out. Starring big names like Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Michael Caine, and Jessica Chastain, Interstellar is scheduled to be released in cinemas on November 5, 2014.


2. Big Hero 6


This will be Disney's first animation movie that will be based on Marvel's properties. The 54th animated feature from Walt Disney Animation Studios is inspired by the Marvel Comics superhero team and will tell the story of Hiro Hamada, a boy genius, together with his robot, Baymax, and his fellow friends who will fight to uncover the crime plot by a mysterious masked supervillain. The movie looks promising based on the awesome trailers, and Baymax looks extremely adorable too! I'm pretty sure he will be popular among kids soon. Directed by Don Hall and Chris Williams, and featuring the voice of Ryan Potter as Hiro Hamada, Jamie Chung (GoGo Tomago), Scott Adsit (Baymax), Genesis Rodriguez (Honey Lemon), Damon Wayans, Jr. (Wasabi) and T. J. Miller (Fred/Fredzilla), Big Hero 6 is scheduled to open in movie theaters on November 7, 2014.



3. Jessabelle


This low-budget horror movie may seems small in terms of production value, and I believe people wouldn't expect it to be huge at the box-office either, but I was quite intrigued by the trailer. The setting looks nice and suitable for a horror movie, and it got somewhat of a mystery element that revolves around the protagonist which got me curious. It is directed by Kevin Greutert and produced by Jason Blum from Blumhouse Productions (who also produced interesting horror films before like Insidious, Sinister and The Purge). Starred Sarah Snook, Mark Webber, David Andrews and Joelle Carter, Jessabelle is set to open in cinemas on November 7, 2014.


4. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1


I'm a huge fan of The Hunger Games movie franchise, so this movie is highly anticipated. The actors from the previous films will be back for Mockingjay Part 1; Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, Woody Harrelson, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Elizabeth Banks, Donald Sutherland, Sam Claflin and Jena Malone, while Julianne Moore, Natalie Dormer, Robert Knepper, Evan Ross, Gwendoline Christie, Patina Miller and Mahershala Ali were added into the movie casts as new characters that will be introduced in this film. I always love the hunger games concept that were introduced in the previous films but there will be no more games in this one so I'm not sure whether I would be hooked to this film as I was with the previous two movies. But I'm still excited to find out what lies ahead for Katniss as she goes to war against the Capitol. Based on the third and final book of the The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins (which will be split into two movies), The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 will be released in cinemas on November 20, 2014.


5. Penguins of Madagascar


Another animation movie to look forward to. At first, I was not interested to watch this movie. There is already a TV series for these spy penguins so I was confused as for the reason why they would need to make this film. Then the trailer was released and I thought to myself, "Hey, this look fun!". I was totally surprised by the trailer (and even more surprised that I would actually liked it). I just might give it a try at the cinema because this movie looks funny and entertaining. With voice cast that includes Tom McGrath, John DiMaggio, Chris Miller, Christopher Knights, Benedict Cumberbatch, John Malkovich, Annet Mahendru and Ken Jeong, this Simon J. Smith and Eric Darnell directed movie is scheduled to be released theatrically on November 14, 2014 in China and November 26, 2014 in the US. Get ready for some adventure with these four wacky penguins.


So there are the movies for November. Now we only left with December and after that, hello 2015!

No comments: