Monday, December 15, 2014

What to watch? ~ 2014 movies: December

Apologies for this late post but better late than never right? We are finally at the final month of 2014. How's the year have been for you? Before we step into 2015, which will probably be one of the big year in movies, let's take a look at some interesting movies that are coming (or may already have been released) in December. Let's start!


1. The Pyramid


The Pyramid had received a lot of negative reviews from critics, and to be honest, the trailer for this movie didn't show much promise either. But I include it in this list anyway because I'm curious about it. What is it about? I saw a glimpse of some kind of humanoid creature in the trailer, so are there monsters or creatures living inside the pyramid? Or is the plot lean more towards the supernatural side like ghosts and spirits? My curiosity that had piqued my interest towards this movie, but as I mentioned before, it had received a lot of negative reviews, so I'm still thinking whether to watch this in the cinema or not. Directed by GrĂ©gory Levasseur and starred Ashley Hinshaw, Denis O'Hare and James Buckley, The Pyramid was released in cinemas on December 5, 2014.


2. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies


I've watched the first two movies in the The Hobbit movie series in the cinemas, so it would be silly not to catch this final installment in the cinema too. The trailer looks good and the ending to the second movie left us with a cliffhanger, so there's definitely something to look forward to. From the trailer to the name of the movie, they somewhat alluded to a big war, I guess we can expect more action in this movie then? Martin Freeman, Richard Armitage, Ian McKellen, Evangeline Lilly, Orlando Bloom, Luke Evans, Benedict Cumberbatch, Lee Pace, Aidan Turner and a lot other actors would all be back for one final round in Middle Earth, and you catch them all in action in movie theaters starting December 17, 2014.

3. Big Eyes


I'm not sure if this movie will come to my country, but it will be good if it does. The trailer got me intrigued, and even though I don't usually like biographical film, the plot for this movie did caught my interest. And I like Amy Adams too, she's such an interesting actress. Big Eyes, which also starred Christoph Waltz, is about Margaret Keane who claimed that her then-husband, Walter Keane, had stolen her work of paintings, and the movie will be focusing on their heated argument in court during their divorce trial. Directed by Tim Burton, Big Eyes will be released in cinemas on December 25, 2014.

4. Into the Woods


Usually I don't like musical films but the premise for this movie looks interesting with the story focusing on fairy tales that we may already know and loved but from a different (and should I say adult) angle. The film is based from a Broadway musical of the same name by Tony Award-winning duo James Lapine and Stephen Sondheim, and directed by Rob Marshall who was the director of two other musical films, Chicago and Nine. Featured an ensemble cast which include Meryl Streep, Johnny Depp, Emily Blunt, James Corden, Anna Kendrick, Chris Pine, and Lilla Crawford, Into the Woods would be released in cinemas on December 25, 2014.


So there they are, my film picks for December 2014. Whether or not I will actually watch them in the cinemas is another whole discussion (haha!). Until then, thank you for reading and come again soon for my top 10 favourite films of 2014, which I plan to post in January 2015. Thanks!

No comments: