Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Twilight buzz


First, I got headache. Now, I got stomachache. But since I'm feeling quite okay now, I'm going to post something.

Twilight, the anticipated movie adaptation of the popular novel of the same name written by Stephenie Meyer, will hit cinemas worlwide (hopefully) in December. Seriously, I've never bother to know about this novel before (although I always stumble upon it quite a lot in bookstores) until I heard and read all the hype about the movie.

The Twilight series (currently 4 books have been released in the series with the latest, Breaking Dawn, just arrived in bookstores this month~ August 2008) has gained a lot of attention not only from fans (they called themselves Twilighters and Fanpires among others) but from critics as well. Although the first book in the series, Twilight, received mixed reviews from critics, but it won several recognition and honors including a New York Times Editor's Choice and Publishers Weekly Best Book of the Year. Impressive! No wonder there's so much hype on the movie.

Twilight, I mean the movie, is directed by Catherine Hardwicke and star Kristen Stewart (Panic Room, Zathura, The Messengers) as Bella Swan and Robert Pattinson (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire) as Edward Cullen. Twilight is actually a love story between a human, Bella, and a vampire, Edward and the challenges they face because of their differences. Well, at least that what I understand from the reviews that I read since I never read Twilight before. Maybe I should give it a try....

Anyway, with all the hype, even a non-reader like me can't wait for this movie to come out. I hope it's good because if it's not, I don't know how many lives will be sacrificed by the Fanpires.

You can read all about Twilight at the official site, StephenieMeyer.com or at the Wiki page. Thanx to Movie Fanatics too for the poster. Really nice. By the way, the designer of the poster is an 18-year-old Canadian photographer, Joey Lawrence. Talented guy! Check out the interview at Movie Fanatics.

No comments: