Monday, August 16, 2021

My 2020 Top 60 Songs: The Best From K-pop Female Groups ~ No. 40 - No. 31

Here's Part 3! Here are my favourite songs for 2020 from female K-pop groups, and in this part, I will be revealing songs at number 40 until 31. Let's go!




It's from their summer special album 'Hello Summer' so the upbeat and high energy of the song together with the sunny, fun and chilling-by-the-beach concept of the music video really oozed summer vibe. It's kind of catchy too.




Saturday is really an underrated group, I mean, seriously all of their title tracks before this were really good. I don't think there is any one that I don't like before, and D.B.D.B.DIB is another cute song from them. It's fun, catchy, the music video is humorous and the girls look gorgeous. They really deserve more attention than what they are getting now.




I have to be honest, this is one of my least favourite songs from the group, but still, it's a catchy, upbeat, full of energy song that makes you want to get up and dance. The song also has a very curious title which begged me to google for its meaning, and my finding? Well, I have to apologize because I'm not exactly sure what it means. Anyone else care to explain it?




It's a pre-debut song but hey, if it has a music video, I will consider it to enter my list. I love the chorus of this song so much, I really do. The arrangement of the song might sound a bit raw but overall it is a really good song, and again that chorus, I'm totally in love with it.




CLC is a fabulous group and Helicopter once again proved their charm, capability and versatility. The music video looks very expensive and extravagant which truly deserving for them since they have been releasing great songs after great songs. If you are somehow new to the group, try search for their songs Hobgoblin, Devil, Black Dress or ME (which is the number one song for my 2019 list of favourite songs from female K-pop group).




That's quite a clever way to sample Beethoven's Für Elise into a K-pop song, who would have figured? It's a rather good dance track and you can't stop but humming to the song. This is their first release as a group of seven after three of their members left the group, but they were still doing great, don't you think?




GWSN have some really good songs under their belt but I feel like people do not talk about them much which is odd since their music video views is quite high. People really need to discover them because their concept and songs are a bit different and unique in my opinion.




I like this song more compared to "Now or Never" obviously since this song is far higher in my list but both songs are good honestly. "Lalalilala" is as upbeat as "Now or Never" but I find it more catchy and pleasing to my ears.




The video for this song is titled as a special clip but yes, I do consider this as their official music video and hence the song is being considered in my list. It's fun watching behind the scenes for some of their music videos. While the song is already a fun and entertaining song, watching the girls having fun on the set making it much more enjoyable to listen to.




I think this is a sub-unit called Pink Fantasy Shadow but I cannot find anywhere to confirm this, and since the music video only use the name Pink Fantasy, I'm going to use that name here too. I love this song, it's upbeat and the beat is kind of addictive. The music video looks high quality despite them being from a small company. Great effort all around from the members, dancers, song's composers, the team behind this music video and the company itself.


We're halfway through the list. Any of the songs that you find interesting thus far? I will see you in the next part for the next 10 songs.

Missed previous songs in the list? Check out songs at number 60 through 51 here and songs at number 50 through 41 here.

No comments: