Sunday, July 25, 2021

My 2020 Top 60 Songs: The Best From K-pop Female Groups ~ No. 50 - No. 41

Welcome to Part 2! Let's jump straight in. These are my favourite songs for 2020 from female K-pop groups.

Here are the songs from number 50 until 41.




Yes, it's just a project group but with a fabulous song like this, how can I not included it in my list? Four very charismatic singers band together to form a super group, it's like a dream team come true. The song and the fierce concept suit them very much. If you could form your own dream group, who would the members be?




It's an english song, and it's a really cool song! (no pun intended) You should check out the music video too, it's simple but creative and funny to watch. I don't think this was promoted in music shows because it was just a new music project from their company, but still it's a really nice song to listen to.




This is the second entry from Girlkind. Another one of their song, Psycho4U, charted at number 60 in my list. This is another dreamy and futuristic sound from them, kind of similar to Psycho4U. It's a very unique-sounding song with a cool concept. I think they might be experimenting with their songs and image for this comeback because this surely isn't your typical K-pop song.




I'm surprised with this comeback because they are known for feminine, girly and cheery concept but this time they made a comeback with a more darker concept. It suits them though so obviously they can carry more than just one concept.




There are some parts in this song that reminds me of an old song, but I just can't put my head around it. Anyway, it's hard not to like Mamamoo's songs and this is definitely another one of their songs to fall in love with.




There's usually a distinct sound that makes you recognize a Gfriend's song, however the 80's-inspired MAGO sounds a bit different than their usual songs, in my opinion at least. It's not necessarily a bad thing, and in Gfriend's case, it shows the evolution in their music and I'm excited to see where there can go from here. But wait, did they really disband?




There's some edginess to the group's music, music video and overall concept that makes them stand out from the pack. Oh My God is another example of this. Although I like it quite less compared to some of their previous releases like Senorita and Lion, it's still one of their best songs to date.




The group made a huge impact on me in 2019 with their song, Loca, so I was eager to hear what their next release would sound like. I was not disappointed as Lie is another great song from the group. It doesn't get as much attention as Loca though judging from the view count on YouTube. If you haven't listen to it, click the link to listen to it now and see if you'll like it. 




I love the contrast of the members crying and looking sad in the music video (the song is about heartbreak after all so that kind of visuals should be expected) with the upbeat, cheery and more positive-sounding chorus of the song. It's a beautiful opposition and yet the two contrasts blended perfectly in the music video.
 



So Bad is a very good debut song which shouldn't come as a surprise since it was produced by Black Eyed Pilseung, the music producers and songwriting duo known for writing hits such as Twice's TT, Sistar's I Like That, Cosmic Girls' Happy, Apink's I'm So Sick and Refund Sister's Don't Touch Me (yes, that last one is in this list too). Kudos to the girls too because it is obviously not easy to make such an impact in the industry let alone in a debut, and yet they did. They sure have their own charm to achieve this success. Congrats!


Any of these 10 songs that you find interesting? I'll see you again soon in Part 3 for songs at number 40 until 31.

Missed previous post? Check out songs at number 60 until 51 here.

No comments: