Monday, July 6, 2009

Got myself Upside Down with pop music

I'm bored. I need some pop music. Pure pop music. It's kinda hard to find some real good pop music nowadays. Sigh.

Source: A-TEENS.COM

Do you guys ever heard of a teen pop group called A* Teens from Sweden? I hope you did coz they were really popular back in the early 2000's. They were definitely huge in Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and several other Asian countries, and of course Europe. I also found out from Wiki that they were huge in Mexico and US (!) which surprises me coz I thought they never did promoted themselves in the US. They also had an album called Pop 'til You Drop! released exclusively in the US. No wonder I couldn't find the album in my country.

Some of their big hits are Floorfiller, the Elvis Presley's cover Can't Help Falling In Love (soundtrack for Lilo and Stitch), Halfway Around the World and Upside Down. They first started as a group dedicated to sing only ABBA songs with their debut album contains all the cover songs from ABBA. Then they started making their own image with a pop album, Teen Spirit. Later they released Pop 'til You Drop exclusively for US market, and New Arrival, their fourth album internationally.

Here's the video to their massive hit Upside Down from the album Teen Spirit. This song was in my head all day long when I was a teenager. I totally love it! One of the best pop song ever! Hope you guys would love it too. Enjoy!


2 comments:

Ahn Yona said...

Amboi Dex, old skool sungguh..gimme high 5! heheheh!

Marke.D said...

Hehe, tiba2 terkenang zaman muda2 dulu.