Sunday, February 3, 2019

2018 Top 40 Songs: My Fave From K-pop Female Groups ~ No. 40 - No. 31

Welcome to my list of top 40 songs from K-pop female groups. Yes, it's 40 songs now! I used to make it into only top 30 songs but there are so many great songs in 2018 that I feel like I would missed a lot of great songs if I don't increase the number in my list.

I tried to be exposed to as many songs and groups as I could, so hopefully I didn't missed any hidden gems. So, without wasting any more time, let's start, shall we? In this first post, you will find songs from number 40 until 31.

- No. 40 -

Group: Berry Good HeartHeart


This is the first sub-unit from the group Berry Good. The song is kind of seductive which is unexpected since I never hear something like this from them before. It's quite a good concept for them, I hope they will try this concept again with the full group.


- No. 39 -

Group: Busters


These group's members are so young, and yet they look so natural and experienced in the music video. I'm impressed! The song is very cute and catchy, and the music video is fun to look at as well. I hope they will keep this cute and innocent image for awhile longer, it fits them well.


- No. 38 -

Group: Laboum


Although I think they have other stronger releases before, I still love and adore this song. Also it's important to note that Soyeon, one of the member from the group, also help to co-produce this song. Impressive!

- No. 37 -

Group: Gfriend


It's really incredible to think how popular Gfriend is considering they are not from a big company like SM Entertainment or YG Entertainment. They have been quite consistent in their image and concept, but I have to say, somehow I still find this song to be fresh and different from their previous releases.


- No. 36 -

Group: Lovelyz


Talking about consistent, here's another group who has been really consistent with their image and concept throughout their entire discography so far. If it's working, why change, right? This sweet (not to mention catchy) song really emphasize their soft and innocence persona.


- No. 35 -

Group: Weki Meki


Weki Meki can be considered as one of the popular new girl group despite only debut in 2017 which I think largely thanks to the 2 members, Yoojung and Doyeon, who made it into the final 11 in the survival show, Produce 101, and became part of the reality show's group, IOI. Personally, I think their agency still promoting the other members quite fairly based on the screen time of their music videos but I think people are still focusing on these 2 members. Hopefully it will eventually change in their future comebacks.


- No. 34 -

Group: We Girls


Don't be fooled by the the song's initial sweet and cute start because it has some sick beats in the chorus, and because of that, you can say that this song is kind of weird because it has that cute aspect to it but at different parts it sounds really mature. I still like it though, you should try to listen to it if you haven't. It is their debut song and I must say, I'm quite intrigued.


- No. 33 -

Group: NeonPunch


Another new group with their debut song entering the chart, NeonPunch delivers quite a catchy and upbeat song that is quite addictive. They had their comeback recently with the song TicToc which has kind of the same vibe as their debut song. If you happened to like this song, you should check out TicToc too.


- No. 32 -

Group: EXID


I like the 90's vibe that the song and music video had delivered. EXID rarely disappoints with their releases and it's the same here too, another powerful track from the group. This is their last comeback as a 4-member group before Solji returned to the group for their next comeback.


- No. 31 -

Group: Apink


The group changed things up for this comeback when they decided to come out with a more sexier and mature concept compared to their previous releases. Although they had been very successful with their cute concepts, the sexier looks doesn't seem to deter their loyal fans who continue to support them tremendously. I like this song quite a bit so I'm not arguing with the fans.


That's it for the first part, see you in the next post. :-)


No comments: