Sunday, February 17, 2019

2018 Top 40 Songs: My Fave From K-pop Female Groups ~ No. 30 - No. 21

Welcome to my 2nd post for top 40 songs of 2018 from female K-pop groups. Without any delay, let's just start the countdown.

- No. 30 -

Group: Bubble X


I don't think I've heard about this duo before but I'm sure glad that I found this song because it sounds great. They are obviously from a small company judging from their music video but if that somehow turned you off, then you might try to listen to the song without looking at the music video. The beat is sick, the vocal is good and the rap is awesome, so I seriously recommend you to try to listen to it at least once to see if you'll like it.


- No. 29 -

Group: Uni.T


Born from the singing survival show The Unit, the 9-member group formed from the top 9 female contestants of the program didn't last long as they only got to promote as a group for less than a year. Nevertheless, they had managed to release a couple of great songs, and "I Mean" is one of them. The music video is fun, cute and catchy, it really looks like the members are having so much fun shooting it. My heart broke when they disband but I hope they could work out something to release songs together again in the near future because honestly, they are really a talented bunch.


- No. 28 -

Group: K/DA (feat. Madison Beer, (G)I-DLE and Jaira Burns)


You might wonder how this group managed to get into this chart. Well, they are an augmented reality K-pop group, so technically they are considered a "group", right? I hope this is not the only song that they will release because I can see a lot of potential here. The song sounds fresh and energetic, and more like a Western than a K-pop song, which I think helps it reaching to a broader audience.

- No. 27 -

Group: Girls' Generation - Oh! GG


This second sub-unit of the group proved that they still can captured the hearts of K-pop fans even with just 5 members. Die-hard fans of the group won't have to fret though as the other members that didn't renewed their contract with SM Entertainment are said to not be out of the group and that there are still possibilities for them to get back together again for future activities.


- No. 26 -

Group: H.U.B


It seems that a lot of girl groups from small companies are stepping up their game, and H.U.B is definitely one of them. Better production values in the song and music video, as well as better styling, Finale definitely gained the group more attention as the music video has more than 1 million views now. Hopefully this is the start of an amazing career for them. Good luck girls and all the best!


- No. 25 -

Group: Mamamoo


Mamamoo had some really good releases in 2018 and Egotistic is definitely my favourite. They have amazing vocals, undoubtedly, but this song has that pop mainstream appeal that I like, which I think also helps the group to reach to new fans. More songs like this please, Mamamoo. :-)


- No. 24 -

Group: (G)I-DLE


This is a really good and strong debut song, and it definitely helped the group to be recognized as one of the best and popular new girl groups out there. The upbeat and catchy song is pleasing to the ears and I think with a couple more good releases like this and their first comeback "Hann (Alone)", they could become one of the top girl groups in South Korea.


- No. 23 -

Group: EXID


Another song of EXID made it to the chart, yay! While I enjoyed "Lady" a lot (which is at number 32 in my chart), I like "I Love You" more due to its upbeat tempo and addictive sound. It helps that the choreography for the "I Love You" part is easy to mimic and follow, making this song even more enjoyable to sing along.


- No. 22 -

Group: Cosmic Girls / WJSN


This is a pretty interesting song. It doesn't sound quite like the usual K-pop songs, but more like a song you usually hear in an opening of an anime which I think makes this song much more interesting and quite unique. I didn't think I would like this song at first but I ended up liking it after all.


- No. 21 -
Group: AOA


This is AOA's first comeback after Choa left the group. I missed Choa but the group is still doing great with its 6 members. The video game theme of the music video suits well with the song, and I think I particularly like the voice of Yuna in this song. I've always love her voice but I think she stood out more through this song.


So those are the songs at number 30 to 21. Thanks for going through the ten songs in this list. Are there any songs that you like? See you in Part 3!


Next post: Songs at number 20 to 11.
Skip to top 10 songs of the year.
Missed previous post? Click here for songs at number 40 to 31.

No comments: