Tuesday, March 1, 2016

What to watch? ~ 2016 movies: March

February is definitely the month of Deadpool, that movie made so much money at the box-office (and it still playing in cinemas!). Which movie do you think will be big in March? There are a few interesting movies lining out for March, so let's check out some of them that caught my attention.


1) London Has Fallen


Release date: March 4, 2016
Cast: Gerard Butler, Aaron Eckhart, Angela Bassett, Morgan Freeman, Alon Moni Aboutboul, Melissa Leo, Robert Forster, Radha Mitchell, Charlotte Riley, Jackie Earle Haley.

I didn't watch the first movie, Olympus Has Fallen (released in 2013), because I felt like I wouldn't like the story so much even though it looked like a fun blockbuster movie. The trailer to the sequel though looks quite impressive, so I might tempted to watch it when it comes out. I'm still on the fence but judging from the trailer, the casts and action sequences are all looking good. Hopefully it will have good word of mouth too when it is released so that I would have more confident to watch it at the cinema.

Watch London Had Fallen trailer here!


2) Zootopia


Release date: March 4, 2016
Cast: Ginnifer Goodwin, Jason Bateman, Idris Elba, J. K. Simmons, Shakira, Nate Torrence, Mark Smith, Jenny Slate, Raymond S. Persi, Bonnie Hunt, Octavia Spencer, Don Lake, Tommy Chong, Alan Tudyk.

This film looks very interesting. I had been consistent in watching Disney Animation movies in cinemas for the past few years now so I'm definitely going to watch this. What I'm interested the most is the world building for this movie and to see how the studio converted our daily human life and apply it for animals. I had fun even looking at the movie posters at how they interpret the animal city life so I'm really looking forward to see more from the movie. It had been released few weeks earlier than the US release date in some countries and so far it has been making good box-office money.

Watch Zootopia trailer here!

3) 10 Cloverfield Lane


Release date: March 11, 2016
Cast: Mary Elizabeth Winstead, John Goodman, John Gallagher, Jr., Mat Vairo.

This movie sneaked up on us like a really good surprise. Almost no one knew it was coming and when the first trailer dropped, everyone was surprised and excited, especially Cloverfield fans like me. Honestly though, this might not be a direct sequel to Cloverfield, and it might just have the same theme of "monsters" and could very well be in the same universe but telling a different story with a separate conflict that might not even have anything to do with the Cloverfield monsters. No one really know for sure what's the story about but still, I'm super excited! I love Mary Elizabeth Winstead too so I can't wait for its release.

Watch 10 Cloverfield Lane trailer here!


4) The Divergent Series: Allegiant


Release date: March 18, 2016
Cast: Shailene Woodley, Theo James, Jeff Daniels, Naomi Watts, Zoe Kravitz, Ansel Elgort, Miles Teller, Octavia Spencer, Maggie Q, Ray Stevenson, Bill Skarsgard.

I'm a bit worried for this movie franchise. I read a lot of complaints from the fan of the book series (which the movies are based from) on how the movies deviated a lot from the original plot, and the movies didn't even captured a lot of attention from enough general movie audiences from the beginning anyway, so I'm worried how this third installment will perform at the box-office. I didn't read the books but I really like the first two movies and I enjoyed the story so far, so I'm looking forward for this next sequel. I hope the movie will be good and do good business at the box-office once it get release.

Watch The Divergent Series: Allegiant trailer here!


5) Midnight Special


Release date: March 18, 2016
Cast: Michael Shannon, Jaeden Lieberher, Joel Edgerton, Kirsten Dunst, Adam Driver, Sam Shepard.

This movie looks a bit weird to me, but in a good way. It's been labelled as a sci-fi chase film and from the movie trailer it looks grounded, which to me makes it kind of unique. The film has a well-established cast and the director, Jeff Nichols, had been praised for his past works (like the film Mud starring Matthew McConaughey) so hopefully it will be a good and high-regarded movie. I'm very interested to see this, I just hope it will be released in Malaysia too because right now it doesn't seem high-profile enough like the rest of the movies that are scheduled to be released here in Malaysia. Hopefully it will.

Watch Midnight Special trailer here!


6) Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice


Release date: March 25, 2016
Cast: Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Jesse Eisenberg, Amy Adams, Jeremy Irons, Diane Lane, Laurence Fishburne, Holly Hunter, Gal Gadot, Tao Okamoto, Michael Shannon.

This is probably one of the most anticipated movie of the year.You will not only seeing Superman and Batman fight each other and then band together to fight a common villain, but you will also be seeing Wonder Woman lending them some hands, and also some other superheroes cameo appearances like The Flash, Cyborg and Aquaman. It will be a packed movie, not just with the cast, but also with action sequences. Zack Snyder, the director, is really good with action sequences so hopefully audiences will have a blast at the cinemas.

Watch Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer here!


So which movies are you looking forward to?

No comments: