Thursday, May 21, 2015

Asia's Next Top Model Cycle 3 ~ Who are the Top 5?

We are almost at the end of the competition in Asia's Next Top Model season 3 and it's down to the final 5 now. It has been a great season thus far but if you had missed this cycle, I've listed down the final 5 contestants below and my thoughts on them. Check these ladies out.


Aimee (Singapore)


I think Aimee gained the most from the makeover that the contestants had gone through this season. Her makeover suits her very well and elevate her look to a whole new level which I think give her an edge and advantage compared to the rest of the contestants. So I'm not surprised that she made it this far. She had been doing pretty well in the competition, pretty consistent, but I think for her to go farther, she has to give more and take more risks with her poses. She had received a best photo call-out once before, so I'm sure she can push it further.

Amanda (Philippines)


Amanda is such a sweet girl, I like her a lot but I think out of these 5 ladies, she is probably the weakest one. In the beginning of the competition, I thought she was one of the strongest contestant but her "blinking eyes" issue was getting in her way during photoshoots, and it's kind of hard for her to get good photos with that issue. Nevertheless, it's still great to see her come this far, and I still believe she has a shot in winning this but she needs to fix that "blinking eyes" issue quickly. She received her 2nd best photo in the latest episode (episode 9) so hopefully she had managed to get rid of that "blinking eyes" problem.


Barbara (Japan)


I love Barbara! She's so beautiful, she's a nice girl and she's a bit quirky too. She has been nailing it in the recent photoshoots after she had been struggling for quite some time (and was even almost eliminated). She's the oldest girl in the competition but that didn't stop her from giving her best in every photoshoots. She had her ups and downs like the rest of the contestants but I believe she has a high chance of winning this season if she keeps her current momentum going.

Gani (Indonesia)


Gani has a really unique face, a sharp features that could cut through you with her gaze, and I think that features give her an edge in the competition as she looks very different than the rest of the contestants. The judges really like her a lot too, and some of her photos look really good, which shows that she has what it takes to win this season. She did struggled a little bit in some of the photoshoots but so far she had been a strong competitor.

Monika (Philippines)


Monika had received 3 best photos so far so she is definitely one of the best bet to win this season. It's kind of funny how in the beginning of the season I thought she was the weakest one out of all the 3 Philippines contestants, obviously I was wrong! However, I noticed sometimes she did have confidence issue where she feels like she's not good enough than the other girls - which is really ironic since she is doing pretty darn great in the competition. She's not over-confident or cocky despite her performance in the competition, which I feel is a great attribute in her personality.


So that are my thoughts on the final 5 contestants. You can watch Asia's Next Top Model Cycle 3 on StarWorld (aired on ASTRO in Malaysia, channel 711) at 8:45 pm on Wednesday. They will crown a new winner in a couple of weeks. Do you watch the show? If you do, who do you think will win?

Images sourced from AsNTM Cycle 3 official website.

No comments: