Tuesday, December 31, 2013

K-pop Girl groups ~ My Top 20 Songs for 2013 (No. 6 - No. 1)

This is the final part for my 2013 favourite K-pop songs from female groups in which you will finally find out the Top 6 songs in the chart. If you missed the first part where I listed number 20 until number 14, you can click here. For part 2 (number 13 until number 7), please click here. Ready to find out which song hold the top spot?

6) Nine Muses ~ Wild


To be honest, I'm not really interested in this group before. The group which currently consists of 9 members; Hyuna, Minha, Lee Sem, Sera, Kyungri, Hyemi, Sungah, Eunji and Euaerin; finally caught my attention with the release of Wild, a fast-paced and energetic song about love and sexual desires. I love Wild, I think the vocal performance was good and overall I really like the song especially the rap parts. The group is very active with several other songs released in 2013. I'm a new fan of the group and I hope they will gain more recognition in the future as I feel they are a very talented bunch.

Wild MV


5) Jewelry ~ Hot & Cold


Despite currently being the longest running Korean girl group with more than two members ever, I'm still unfamiliar with the group's past songs. I think I did heard some of them before but I'm totally clueless or didn't noticed the rest of them. However, Hot & Cold managed to surprise me with its great tune and great vocal performance by the current members; Eunjung, Baby J, Semi and Yewon. I like its funny music video too which featured label mate Hyung Sik, one of the member from ZE:A. I think I should pay more attention to Jewelry after this.

Hot & Cold MV


4) Sistar19 ~ Gone Not Around Any Longer


Sistar19 is a sub-unit of Sistar with members Hyolyn and Bora headlining the group. Gone Not Around Any Longer was released early in 2013 but I must say, the song is still fresh in my mind. It is a well-written song with strong melody and powerful vocal performance and just absolutely a great song. The voice of Hyolyn in the song blew my mind away. How come I didn't noticed her powerful voice before? But I bet a lot of people already know this since I always read comments praising her voice before. I have to admit though that this song sounded more like a Hyolyn song rather than a Sistar19 song. I feel Bora should be more involed in the song as well since this is a sub-group of two and not a solo project.

Gone Not Around Any Longer MV


3) miss A ~ Hush


And we have reach the Top 3 songs of my Top 20. Opening the Top 3 is the song Hush from miss A which consists of Fei, Jia, Min and Suzy. It's a song that will instantly catch your attention at first listen especially with the upbeat tune and the catchy chorus. Hush also accompanied by one of my favourite music video of the year with four different types of settings, simple but nice outfits and great dance moves. Although the lyrics to the song is very sensual, I'm glad the music video didn't try to be too sexy or seductive to reflect the lyrics.

Hush MV


2) Girls' Generation ~ Galaxy Supernova


Is there any K-pop fans who don't know who Girls' Generation is? I doubt it as Girls' Generation is arguably the biggest K-pop group to come out from South Korea. Hyoyeon, Jessica, Sooyoung, Sunny, Yuri, Tiffany, Seohyun, Yoona and Taeyeon once again captured my heart with their song Galaxy Supernova. Okay, so it's J-pop, not K-pop since its actually a Japanese song but I considered songs with any languages for this Top 20 list as long as its by K-pop girl groups. Galaxy Supernova is a very addictive song and has a beautiful, colourful music video too eventhough the quality of the video in YouTube is somewhat poor, but still I like it very much. Nice dance moves too.

Galaxy Supernova MV


1) Girl's Day ~ Expectation


And who tops this list? It's Expectation from Girl's Day! Consists of Hyeri, Minah, Yura and Sojin, the group had definitely gain more fans with this song (at least I had become one). It's a great upbeat song and eventhough it was released back in March 2013, I'm still can't get enough of it. Although Girl's Day is still not as big as some of the girl groups in K-pop music industry now, I believe they have a bright future ahead of them. I believe in their talent and hopefully they will come out with more great songs after this.

Expectation MV


Finally we have come to an end of this Top 20 list. What are your thoughts on the songs on this list? Do you think I missed some great K-pop songs that you like? Do you even listen to K-pop music? Thank you for reading and hopefully you had a great time.


My 2013 Top 20 songs from K-pop Girl Groups - full list
 
1) Girl's Day ~ Expectation
2) Girls' Generation ~ Galaxy Supernova
3) miss A ~ Hush
4) Sistar19 ~ Gone Not Around Any Longer
5) Jewelry ~ Hot & Cold
6) Nine Muses ~ Wild
7) After School ~ First Love
8) HelloVenus ~ Would You Stay For Tea?
9) Tiny-G ~ Miss You
10) Brown Eyed Girls ~ Kill Bill
11) T-ara N4 ~ Jeon Won Diary
12) 4Minute ~ What's Your Name?
13) AOA Black ~ Moya
14) Crayon Pop ~ Lonely Christmas
15) T-ara ~ Number 9
16) 2NE1 ~ Missing You
17) Tiny-G ~ Minimanimo
18) BESTie ~ Love Options
19) Tahiti ~ Love Sick
20) AOA ~ Confused

No comments: