Friday, November 18, 2011

Masterchef Malaysia!

I was so happy when my favourite reality TV cooking competition came to Malaysia. Yes folks, Masterchef now has its own local brand, Masterchef Malaysia. I was ecstatic! Several weeks had passed now since the show aired and I must say that it got me glued to the TV. Before this, the only Masterchef I watched are US Masterchef and Masterchef Australia. I'm glad they made Masterchef Malaysia because I was getting sick with singing competition which are a lot these days.

I was also happy when they chose to follow the Australia format and not the US show format. I'm not sure if the Australia version started that format though but I'm sure to prefer that format compared to the US version.

So far in Masterchef Malaysia, they had chose Top 24 out of 40 people and 6 persons from the Top 24 had been eliminated, they are; Azizah, Zeri, Hui Ting, Azilah, Terrence and Mastura. From the 18 people that's left, I really like Ezani for her calm demeanor. She's a great cook too; she had had her dishes picked as one of the top dishes for several times and she had also participated in the celebrity chef challenge. Another contestant that stood out to me is Felix. He had some amazing cooking skills and he had also had his dishes as one of the top dishes as well throughout past weeks challenges. He also participated in the celebrity chef challenge. Brian and Imelda on the other hand brought a lot of personality to the show; the former for his quirky and funny comments while the latter for her emotional behavior.

I personally think that all these contestants have an equal chance of winning since every one of them have their own strengths and weaknesses. You can watch Masterchef Malaysia every Saturday to Wednesday at 9pm on Astro Ria (Malaysia ASTRO Channel 104) while Masterclass will be aired on Thursday at 9.50pm on Starworld (Malaysia ASTRO Channel 711). You can also visit the Masterchef Malaysia website (click here to go) for more info on the episodes.

No comments: