Monday, October 25, 2010

Red ~ review




This movie starred Bruce Willis. That's all I know about Red when I went to see it with one of my best friend. Knowing nothing else, I expected nothing from this movie. And I was treated with a joyful, action-packed and humorous movie.

Red starred Bruce Willis alongside Morgan Freeman, John Malkovich, Helen Mirren, Mary-Louise Parker, Karl Urban and Brian Cox. It was loosely based on comic books by DC Comics. The movie started off rather smoothly, quiet and peaceful as the two characters chatted along and reading romance novels. But as soon as the action start, it never ends. The action sequences were sometimes a bit over-dramatic but never over-the-top like A-Team or something like that. And I prefer it that way. The characters are the best thing about Red, they are agile (even though they retired), resourceful, tough, and funny. The chemistry between characters are great too. Helen Mirren look extremely believable firing guns in a dress. That lady rocks!


The plot were nothing to shout about, but the decent story together with great acting, a bit of romance and funny lines really brings this movie up of my favourite-movie list. And the plot is easy to follow too. Therefore I think Red can really appeal to not just males but females as well because off all the mix it has in the plot.

As a conclusion, Red is a fun movie to watch. It brings a lot of laugh and have a good amount of action to keep you excited throughout the movie. With amazing casts and well-balanced plot, I give Red 3 1/2 stars out of 5.


Images courtesy of Wikipedia and Yahoo!.

No comments: