Monday, July 8, 2019

My 2018 Top 10 Films ~ No. 10 - No. 6

Now that I've completed the top 40 K-pop songs of 2018, it's time to move on to the films. OMG, this is long overdue! Let's go straight ahead to the chart.

Here are my top 10 films of 2018 - part 1. For this post, I will be counting down films from number 10 to 6.


No. 10 ~ Maze Runner: The Death Cure


This movie is filled with emotions. Main characters died left and right, it's just so heartbreaking to watch. It has a few nice surprises as well. I love the story and how it all tied up the trilogy nicely. While all the casts did great, I was particularly impressed with Rosa Salazar as Brenda, her character really shines in this movie compared to the previous one.

Maze Runner: The Death Cure official website


No. 9 ~ A Simple Favor


This is a funny movie, and it feels like the movie didn't even take itself seriously which makes it even more enjoyable for me. Anna Kendrick is excellent in this movie, her comedic timing is perfect and she's just very delightful to watch. Blake Lively is marvelous too and she steals every scenes she was in. There are many other good and fun characters in this movie played by a very talented group of casts (like Henry Golding from Malaysia) but Anna and Blake are the ones who did the heavy-lifting here. This is definitely their movie.

A Simple Favor official website



No. 8 ~ Ant-Man and the Wasp


It is quite a pleasant surprise that I really liked this movie. I liked the first Ant-Man movie too but I didn't think there was anything special about it but this, this second movie is a step in the right direction. Interesting characters, nice action scenes and throw in some funny interaction between characters and some funny dialogues, and you'll have a very fun movie to watch. I really like Hope van Dyne a.k.a. the Wasp played by Evangeline Lilly and I hope her character will be featured more in the Marvel Cinematic Universe moving forward.

Ant-Man and the Wasp official website


No. 7 ~ A Quiet Place


For a movie that has "quiet" in its title, this movie sure packed a lot of suspense. There are a lot to be desired from this movie directed by John Krasinski, and one of it is the characters. Despite being a horror movie, the main focus of the film is the relationship and family bond between the characters. It's basically a movie about a family set against the horror background. It's heart-warming and definitely making it more than just your traditional horror film.

A Quite Place official website


No. 6 ~ Aquaman


Wow, Aquaman is really entertaining. The visuals were nice, the characters were awesome and the story is enjoyable too. I think the cast did a fantastic job, and I seriously hope that I would see more Black Manta (played by Yahya Abdul-Mateen II) in the sequel. A sequel? Yes, Aquaman grossed more than $1.1 billion at the box-office, so of course the studio would want to continue the story. Currently the sequel is set to be released in December 2022.

Aquaman official website


So those are the first 5 films in my list. I've only watched 24 films in the cinemas in 2018, so you can imagine that it's not that hard to pick 10 that I enjoyed the most.

Next stop, the top 5!

No comments: