Monday, July 1, 2019

2018 Top 40 Songs: My Fave From K-pop Female Groups ~ No. 10 - No. 1

We're almost at the top!

Welcome to my final post for the top 40 songs of 2018 from female K-pop group. We're finally almost over with the list, and here they are, my top 10 songs for the year 2018.

- No. 10 -

Group: Badkiz


On the surface, this sounds like such a simple and generic song but it somehow had such a strong impact on me. It's catchy-ness have made it stuck in my head for months and I really, REALLY, enjoyed the song. It's kind of an upbeat song but at the same time it has a bit of sadness in it. In my opinion, this is a really good song. The group have been changing its members for awhile now (and I heard it has changed it's lineup once again after this song) but I hope the group would stick around for much longer. Stay strong Badkiz!


- No. 9 -

Song: Not That Type
Group: gugudan


I love this group! Even though not all of their songs made it into my list before, I like their releases so far and "Not That Type" is definitely one of their best song. They lost one member but they still going strong as a 8-member group. The company really push Sejeong to be front and center; putting her in various variety shows, dramas, and even released solo songs and collaborations. But I think the rest of the members have their own charm and should be equally promoted as well. I think Mina has quite a few solo activities too but I'm not sure about the rest. I hope I was wrong and they are all in fact busy with their own activities...it's just maybe I wasn't aware of it.


- No. 8 -

Group: Blackpink


The song that became a worldwide sensation and should I say deservedly so. The song is edgy and catchy, and coupled that with the amazing music video, it's really hard to imagine it become other than the big sensation that it is. The group's music style and image make them accessible to the worldwide audience (and by that I mean not just the K-pop fans) and I think that is partially what makes them so popular internationally.



- No. 7 -

Group: Oh My Girl


First few seconds of the song, I thought this is something that a group like f(x) would do and surprisingly, by the end of the song, I thought the song suits perfectly well with Oh My Girl. It does starts strong with its hard bass sound but eventually it softens up a bit and the music intertwined beautifully with Oh My Girl's angelic voices. Mimi's rap were also fabulous in it. This song is really unique and I'm so in love with it.


- No. 6 -

Group: Cosmic Girls / WJSN


This is another unique song in the list. Beautifully written and composed, the song continues the fantasy and cosmic concept of the group. It sounds a bit dreamy which heightened the fantasy quality of the song. I like the choreography in the music video too. It's a bit unfortunate that they had to promote the song as a 10-member group due to the Chinese members were busy with other commitments. I hope they could go back to being a full 13-member group soon.


- No. 5 -

Group: Uni.T


I'm sad that the group is "no more" (sorry, I can't help myself ) but at least I have this song to remember them. Great music, great vocals, great visuals. I don't really like the choreography for this song, but other than that, the rest is perfect. Is there a chance for them to get together again in the future as a group? I really hope they do, they are such a perfect mix that I feel it is wasted if they don't collaborate as a team again.


- No. 4 -

Group: Momoland


Caution! This is a very addictive song, seriously! Please don't take this lightly, you might not be able to stop yourself from humming to the tune even after your first listen. This is the song that shot Momoland to worldwide super stardom. To be honest, this song had been on top of my list for months, and even though it might not be the number 1 song in this list, I'm sure it tops a lot of other people's playlist.


- No. 3 -

Group: fromis_9


I am surprised at how hooked I am to this song considering I didn't quite like it on my first listen. It managed to capture my heart with it's upbeat tempo, catchy lyrics and wonderful vocals from the members. I really like the quick-cutting, animated-background and colourful music video as well, and not to mention the cool choreography. The group might be relatively new, but it sure gained popularity quite quickly.


- No. 2 -

Group: KHAN


KHAN is sure an odd name for a K-pop girl group. Nevertheless, this is a very talented duo. They were originally in a group called The Ark, which then disbanded just after one song (so sad!). It's good that they managed to get together again to form a duo because I think these 2 have a lot of potential. The song didn't quite have that typical K-pop sound to it which I think is great and works in their favour. Their vocal performance is great and the music video is beautiful. They are good dancers too. Sounds like a perfect package but it's sad to say that I think they are still relatively unknown in the industry. I really hope they will stick together (and add new members maybe?) and make a comeback soon.


- No. 1 -

Group: April


The song that managed to get at the top of my list is Oh! My Mistake by April! Is this a mistake considering April songs have never charted in my song lists before (at least that's what I can remember on top of my head)? Of course not because this is legit an awesome song. The 80's vibe is working sooooo good in this song, and I really fall in love with the music video and choreography too. All of the members looked stunning and their styling fits perfectly well with the 80's concept. I can't get enough of the song and I'm still listening to it now. It's so good! I particularly like the bass in this song, it's very prominent but it didn't sound too overwhelming either.


Finally I've completed the list. Phew! Do you like any of the songs that I've listed? If you haven't heard any or maybe some of them, I recommend you to check these amazing songs out.

Sorry I took awhile to complete the list but I hope you've enjoyed it. Thank you for reading!


Missed previous posts? Click any of the links below.
- Songs at number 40 to 31
- Songs at number 30 to 21
- Songs at number 20 to 11

No comments: