Friday, March 24, 2017

K-pop Female Groups: My 2016 Top 30 Songs ~ No. 30 - No. 21

I think it's crazy and ridiculous to post something about 2016 list when it's already March 2017 but I had to do it! I had done this list for several years now and I don't want to miss it for this year so I am still going to post it even though it is already quite late. And it's not just 20 songs like what I used to do in previous years but 30 songs! So without any further delay, here are my top 30 songs for 2016 from k-pop female groups. I will split it into 3 posts and this first part will feature songs that were ranked from number 30 to 21.

I won't be commenting much for each of the song below not only because I want to finish this quick but also I hope that the music will speak for itself.

Enjoy!


~ No. 30 ~

Song: Over
Group: Two X

Clockwise from top left: Eun, Eunyoung, Jiyou and Surin

They were back after a few years of hiatus. The hunky guys in the music video didn't really make sense with the video's narrative but it is still a pretty good song.

Watch Over MV here.


~ No. 29 ~

Song: L.I.E
Group: EXID

From left: Hani, Hyelin, Jeonghwa, LE and Solji

I like this song although I feel that it was not as strong as their other popular songs like Up and Down and Ah Yeah.

Watch L.I.E MV here.


~ No. 28 ~

Song: Jjan! Koong! Kwang!
Group: Momoland

Top from left: Ah In, Hyebin, Jane and Joo E
Bottom from left: Nancy, Nayun and Yeonwoo

A new group! It was a solid debut song and pretty catchy as well especially the end part of the chorus.

Watch Jjan! Koong! Kwang! MV here.


~ No. 27 ~

Song: Lip 2 Lip
Group: 9 Muses A

From left: Hyemi, Keumjo, Kyungri and Sojin

I believe they had not yet finalized their new line-up (some members left, and some are going through contract renewal so I think the company will surely add new members in), maybe that's why they made a sub-unit to release this song instead. I like the song but I wish they would have a stronger comeback next time with a complete line-up.

Watch Lip 2 Lip MV here.


~ No. 26 ~

Song: Boombayah
Group: Blackpink

From left: Jennie, Jisoo, Lisa and Rose

Blackpink was making a huge wave in 2016 and Boombayah is definitely a good song to introduce the group and their capabilities. It's a very fast-paced and energetic song.

Watch Boombayah MV here.


~ No. 25 ~

Song: The Rain
Group: Ladies' Code

From top: Ashley, Sojung and Zuny

I'm so pleased to see that Ladies's Code is finally back in the music industry. Their talent had been missed! The Rain is a beautiful song and the music video has very nice artistic visuals in it.

Watch The Rain MV here.


~ No. 24 ~

Song: Whistle
Group: Blackpink

Clockwise from center top: Jennie, Jisoo, Lisa and Rose

Blackpink released two songs for their debut and Whistle is the slower, emotionally-charged song against the energetic Boombayah. It's a great song and it helps to showcase their vocals.

Watch Whistle MV here.


~ No. 23 ~

Song: Cause You're My Star
Group: Apink

Top from left: Bomi, Chorong and Eunji
Bottom from left: Hayoung, Naeun and Namjoo

This is a late addition to my top 30 list. The song is quite catchy and I guess that's why it didn't took long for me to warm up to it.

Watch Cause You're My Star MV here.


~ No. 22 ~

Song: TT
Group: Twice

Top from left: Chaeyoung, Dahyun, Jeongyeon, Jihyo and Mina
Bottom from left: Momo, Nayeon, Sana and Tzuyu

This is the first time Twice's song made it into my list. Surprisingly I didn't quite like the song in the beginning but over time, I grew to love it.

Watch TT MV here.


~ No. 21 ~

Song: Angel
Group: Berry Good

Clockwise from top left: Daye, Gowoon, Sehyung and Seoyul
Center: Taeha

I love Berry Good since their debut so it's no wonder that Angel made it into my list. Aside from their previous song My First Love, Angel is another one of their song that features their amazing vocals. I hope they will get more recognition in the future because they are really talented.

Watch Angel MV here.


So that's the end of Part 1. I hope you like some of my song's selection. Which of these songs that you like?

I will try to post Part 2 soon so stay tune!

No comments: