Friday, November 25, 2016

What to watch? ~ 2016 movies: November

My apologies for keep on delaying this. I have been busy with some other things in my life...and I have been lazy too! My apologies again. (T_T) Now let's just continue on, shall we? Let's look at the movies that will be released in November that I'm most excited about.


1) Doctor Strange


Release date: Nov. 4, 2016
Cast: Benedict Cumberbatch, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Tilda Swinton, Rachel McAdams, Benedict Wong, Mads Mikkelsen, Michael Stuhlbarg, Benjamin Bratt, Scott Adkins

I wasn't sure what to expect from this movie when it was first announced. I wasn't even sure if I would be interested in it. But as the movie was revealed bit by bit to the public - from casting news to concept art, images and finally the movie trailers - I find it very fascinating and now I'm super pumped to go and watch it at the cinema. I haven't seen it yet as of the writing of this post, but I've read a lot of positive feedback saying that it's a good movie so I will definitely find some time to go and watch it. Can't wait!

Watch Doctor Strange trailer here.


2) Loving



Release date: Nov. 4, 2016
Cast: Joel Edgerton, Ruth Negga, Nick Kroll, Michael Shannon, Marton Csokas, Bill Camp, Jon Bass

I'm not sure how much is this story or court case is well known in its origin country but as someone who is not from the United States, I have never been aware of this case before but that doesn't mean I'm any less enthusiastic to watch it. From what little synopsis I've read regarding this movie, it sounds like a very good and touching story. Usually this small type of movie don't really get a release date here but I can see efforts have been made to bring smaller and independent movies in my country so hopefully Loving will find its way here.

Watch Loving trailer here.


3) Arrival


Release date: Nov. 11, 2016
Cast: Amy Adams, Jeremy Renner, Forest Whitaker, Michael Stuhlbarg, Tzi Ma, Mark O'Brien

This seems to me like an intellectual movie, a movie with a story that asks us to think instead of just having fun at the cinema. I'm definitely intrigued! Based on a short story by author Ted Chiang titled "Story of Your Life", this movie seems to have not just a compelling story but also great performances from a strong group of cast. Hopefully it will reward its audiences with a satisfying watch.

Watch Arrival trailer here.

4) Shut In


Release date: Nov. 11, 2016
Cast: Naomi Watts, Oliver Platt, Charlie Heaton, Jacob Tremblay, David Cubitt, Clementine Poidatz

I think Naomi Watts has a great "scream", her screams in The Ring and King Kong were phenomenal. And here she is again in another horror movie which I think would require her to scream again. Well aside from her screams, I really hope Shut In would have a good story because just by watching the trailer alone, I am not quite convinced yet. The reason I'm willing to give this movie a shot is because of Naomi Watts's involvement in this (I love her in horror movies) and also because I really want to know what happened to that poor little boy. If I do end up watching this at the cinema, hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised.

Watch Shut In trailer here.


5) Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them


Release date: Nov. 18, 2016
Cast: Eddie Redmayne, Katherine Waterston, Dan Fogler, Alison Sudol, Colin Farrell, Carmen Ejogo, Samantha Morton, Ron Perlman, Ezra Miller, Jon Voight, Ronan Raftery, Josh Cowdery, Johnny Depp

This spin-off movie from the Harry Potter series is hoping to become a fresh start to a brand new franchise on its own. Currently the studio planned to develop 5 movies in the series. The trailer looks nice and promising and if J. K. Rowling herself is giving her blessing (she did wrote the screenplay for this movie), then why not the studio expands the wizarding universe even more, right? It could become as magical and fantastic a franchise as the Harry Potter series. Let's hope the movie is good.

Watch Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them trailer here.


6) The Edge of Seventeen


Release date: Nov. 18, 2016
Cast: Hailee Steinfeld, Woody Harrelson, Haley Lu Richardson, Blake Jenner, Hayden Szeto, Kyra Sedgwick

I rarely watch a comedy movie at the cinema unless it is an animation movie but for The Edge of Seventeen, I might make an exception because it looks really good from the trailer. And to be fair, it's not a full-on comedy movie but more of a comedy coming-of-age drama. The movie not only looks fun but meaningful as well so it might be worth it to check it out.

Watch The Edge of Seventeen trailer here.


7) Moana


Release date: Nov. 23, 2016
Cast: Auli'i Cravalho, Dwayne Johnson, Rachel House, Temuera Morrison, Nicole Scherzinger, Jemaine Clement, Alan Tudyk

Moana would be Walt Disney Animation Studios's second film of the year after Zootopia and the next movie about a princess after Frozen back in 2013. Both movies were super successful at the box-office so it definitely put pressure on Moana to perform well at the box-office as well. I see a lot of potential for Moana to be big with audiences but only time will tell. The visual looks absolutely amazing so at least we know that the film extremely excel in that department.

Watch Moana trailer here.


8) Allied


Release date: Nov. 23, 2016
Cast: Brad Pitt, Marion Cotillard, Matthew Goode, Jared Harris, Lizzy Caplan, Anton Lesser, August Diehl

It's funny how the gossips about Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's separation that got me curious about this movie, and to be honest, in a way it did help because after watching the trailer, I am really interested in this movie now. I don't normally like movies about war and spies but this looks pretty thrilling so I might check it out.

Watch Allied trailer here.


9) Miss Sloane


Release date: Nov. 25, 2016
Cast: Jessica Chastain, Mark Strong, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Michael Stuhlbarg, Alison Pill, Jake Lacy, John Lithgow, Sam Waterston

After I watched the trailer for this movie, I actually still had no idea what it is about, but it did piqued my interest. From the comments section I read that it had something to do with gun law in the US? I'm not really interested in watching political films but like I mentioned before, the trailer did piqued my interest. I am really curious on how this political "battle" will go down.

Watch Miss Sloane trailer here.


Wow, that was a lot of movies... a lot more than I expected. Which of these movies are you excited the most?

If you're looking for movies released in October, well I missed uploading that post... sorry! But here's the simplify list of the October movies that I was interested in.

1) The Girl on the Train
2) The Accountant
3) Max Steel
4) Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
5) Ouija: Origin of Evil
6) Inferno

That's all for now, thank you for reading!


Sources: All images were from Wikipedia.

No comments: