Sunday, August 21, 2016

E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) 2016 ~ 10 exciting new games (Part 2)

Here's the continuation of my post for the 10 games from E3 2016 that I'm most excited about. I've listed 5 games before which you can read here, so this is the remaining 5 games from the list.


6) Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (Microsoft Windows, PS4, PSVR, XB1)


The franchise had gradually becoming more action-based than when it was first started but now it seems the studio will bring the franchise back to its horror root. I don't have problem with action-heavy Resident Evil games because personally I feel there are still some horror elements in those games, but for this new sequel it looks like the horror element will be at the center stage. I'm definitely interested to find out more and how the story in this game connected to the characters and events in the previous games.

Watch Resident Evil 7: Biohazard trailer here.

While the above gameplay trailer was more to introduce the new look and direction this new sequel will take and will not be part of the actual game, the studio released another gameplay trailer, this time from the actual game itself, in 2016 Gamescom event which is currently being held in Cologne, Germany. Although this post is more about sharing the games that were featured in E3 2016, but the gameplay looks so nice that I feel like I have to include it in this post as well. Check out the awesome new gameplay trailer below.

Watch Resident Evil 7: Biohazard Lantern gameplay trailer here.


7) Nier: Automata (PS4)


The trailer and gameplay demo that were shown during E3 for this game looks pretty awesome. The settings look beautiful, the enemies' designs look quite interesting, the characters look cool and their abilities are pretty neat as well; they were all eye-catching. The game is part of the Nier universe, which is itself is a spin-off of the Drakengard  series. It was stated that aside from some characters' appearances, the game will have no story connection to the other games, which I think is good to bring in new fans.

Watch Nier:Automata trailer here.
Watch Nier:Automata boss battle gameplay here.

8) Detroit: Become Human (PS4)


I had watched a trailer for this game before and I wasn't sure if I would like the game. Then I watched the E3 2016 trailer and I think the game looks quite promising. I'm still not sure how the multiple-story paths based on your actions part of the game would be implemented in the game, but I really like the trailer a lot, it looks intense and the background music really helps to build more tension and suspense to the trailer. Hopefully it will be a great game.

Watch Detroit: Become Human trailer here.


9) We Happy Few (Microsoft Windows, Linux, XB1)


When I first watched the gameplay trailer of the game, it reminded me of BioShock, which is not surprising since it is one of the inspiration for We Happy Few. The dystopian city the game was set in, which is also influenced by some of the other dystopian worlds depicted in media such as Brazil and 1984, looks very interesting. The story that was featured in the trailer also looks pretty exciting and makes me curious to explore the world even more. The colour scheme for the game may look bright and colourful, but the world is definitely not a happy place to live in.

Watch We Happy Few gameplay trailer here.


10) The Last Guardian (PS4)


Watching the trailer for this game almost brought tears to my eyes, it just look so perfect. The visuals are breathtaking, the music sounds amazing, and the friendship between the human character and the mysterious creature is so beautiful and touching. Everything looks great! And finally a release date was announced as well, the game is set to be released on 25th October 2016. I hope it will be an epic game that offers a beautiful gaming experience to players.

Watch The Last Guardian trailer here.


I finally finished this list! Sorry it took awhile and I hope you like and are looking forward to these 10 games as well.

Images from Wikipedia and YouTube snapshots.

No comments: