Thursday, November 12, 2015

What to watch? ~ 2015 movies: November

There's not a lot of movies that I'm looking forward to in November, at least compared to the number of movies I've listed for October. There are a total of five movies that I had listed here and honestly, that is actually still a lot. So what are those movies? Scroll down to find out.


1) The Peanuts Movie


I'm not really a fan of the Peanuts comic strip but I did read them before occasionally. What got me interested the most for this movie is the animation. The movie looks almost like a hybrid between 2D and 3D animation, and it looks beautiful. And judging from the trailer, the story seems to be pretty nice as well, so I'm looking forward to it. The movie is directed by Steve Martino (who previously directed Horton Hears a Who! and Ice Age: Continental Drift) with voice casts that includes Noah Schnapp, Bill Melendez, Hadley Belle Miller, Anastasia Bredikhina, Mariel Sheets and Noah Johnston. The Peanuts Movie had already open in the US on November 6, 2015 (and will find its way into Malaysian cinemas starting December 10, 2015).


2) The Hallow


I found this movie by accident when I was browsing my local cinema chain website for upcoming movies. I like horror movies and this movie looks kind of good judging from its trailer. It has a great setting that gives the film the creepy atmosphere that it needs, and the actors look pretty convincing in their performance too. Directed by Corin Hardy and starred Joseph Mawle, Bojana Novakovic, Michael McElhatton and Michael Smiley, The Hallow had already open in United Kingdom in July but will only open in Malaysian cinemas on November 19, 2015.

3) The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2


As a fan of the movie franchise, I cannot see myself not going to see this movie. It's the finale to the movie series so I would definitely plan to catch this at the cinema when it came out. There are still plans though for the franchise to still continue with prequels or spin-offs but at least for this movie it will be the concluding story arc involving Katniss Everdeen. Directed by Francis Lawrence and starring Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Woody Harrelson, Elizabeth Banks, Donald Sutherland, Liam Hemsworth, Julianne Moore, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Sam Claflin, Jeffrey Wright, Jena Malone, Stanley Tucci, Willow Shields and more, the movie will open in cinemas on November 20, 2015.


4) The Good Dinosaur


Pixar movies are very special, don't you think so? They always know how to deliver a good story and create great characters. Although there are some movies that are better than the others, but in general I think I can safely say that all of their movies so far are good and entertaining. In The Good Dinosaur, it's somewhat a story about a boy and his (newfound) dog but in this case the boy is a dinosaur while the dog is actually a human boy. Somehow the dinosaur lost his way and ended up far away from home and while he try to find his way back, he met and befriend the boy. The development of this movie was filled with problems but I hope it will turn out well and introduces audience to iconic characters like Pixar always do with their previous films. The Good Dinosaur will be released in cinemas on November 25, 2015, the second Pixar movie of the year and the first time ever the company did so (I mean in releasing two movies in one year).


5) Victor Frankenstein


I think the only movie I watched Daniel Radcliffe starred in other than from the Harry Potter series is The Woman in Black, a horror movie released back in 2012. He was good in that movie but his other works are mostly awards-type movies so I don't really watch the rest of them. But Victor Frankenstein looks good, and it also starred James McAvoy who an actor that I also liked, so I might check this one out. It is a science fiction horror movie and tells the origin story of Dr. Frankenstein (James McAvoy) through the perspective of Igor played by Daniel Radcliffe. Directed by Paul McGuigan, the movie will open in cinemas on November 25, 2015.


So that's all for November. It doesn't seem much but for the average moviegoer like me, that is actually more than enough. Which of these movies are you interested in?

Images from Wikipedia and GSC cinema website.

No comments: