Sunday, November 15, 2015

Asia's Next Top Model Cycle 3 ~ Top 15 Favourite Photos (No. 5 - 1)

Here is the third and final post for my Top 15 favourite photos for Cycle 3 of Asia's Next Top Model. My apologies if I have kept you waiting. Without further delay, let's begin the final countdown. Can you guess which photo will top my list?


5. Monika ~ Episode 5: Close-Up Diamond Attraction Ad campaign


Monika is extremely photogenic and when she smiles, she just melt people's heart away. She not only look stunning and sweet in the photograph, but she looks natural and approachable as well which I think is important for an ad campaign like this. I must say that the position of her right hand seem a bit awkward to me but other than that, she looks gorgeous. She won best photo for this episode, which I think is deserving, and as part of the prize for winning best photo, her shot was run as an actual commercial ad for the product as well. Great job Monika!


4. Gani ~ Episode 3: Jewelry photoshoot


I really like this shot of Gani and I was a bit disappointed that it only received lukewarm reviews from the judges. The jewelries look good on her, the clothes fitted her perfectly, the make-up was not overly done; personally I feel that she simply looks stunning in this photo. I wish they would just adjust the necklace's position on her neck because as you can see, some part of the necklace got tangled up in her clothes but other than that she looks amazing and she sold the necklace to me as what she should be doing for this jewelry photoshoot.

3. Barbara ~ Episode 9: Alex Perry's long gowns


I had just realized something; in all the three posts for this Top 15, Barbara's photos were stuck in the middle (no. 3, no. 8 and no. 13), and also she has the most photos in my Top 15 list for this cycle with three photos! Well, I do find her extremely gorgeous and she takes beautiful photos, no doubt about it, and this photo from episode 9 is my favourite photo of her. Same with the other photos from this episode, the fantasy element brings this photo to life but her pose helps elevate this photo to a whole new level. I'm just overwhelmed by it. She looks incredible.


2. Amanda ~ Episode 9: Alex Perry's long gowns


I may have been overwhelmed by Barbara's photo in episode 9, but the girl who received best photo for that photoshoot was Amanda. She deserved it, of course, because it was an amazing photo and I absolutely love it too. If you can't tell, that episode's photoshoot was my favourite photoshoot of the season, almost all the photos from that episode made it into this Top 15 list, and Amanda's photo is my favourite. It was not as soft and dreamy as the other photos from the same episode but she gave a stronger pose and hence resulted in a very strong and "commanding-attention" kind of shot. I would definitely say that Amanda was like the underdog contestant for this cycle and for her to be able to take this amazing shot was absolutely spectacular. Kudos to her!


1. Tahlia ~ Episode 8: Singapore outdoor photoshoot


And who got the top spot? It's Tahlia with her photo from episode 8 where they shot at outdoor locations with the city landscapes as their background. This photo is perfect for me. She looks amazing, the lighting looks great as well, her face expression is strong, the hair look flawless, the hand pose looks gentle and natural; in short everything about it is absolutely gorgeous to me. She looks expensive and exquisite even though the photo was a bit of a close-up photo and we can't even see the full clothing she was wearing, and that's remarkable.


We've come to the end of the countdown. Do you agree with my pick? Which photo would be your favourite. If you don't watch the show, I hope you would at least like and appreciate the beautiful photographs from this cycle.

If you missed the other posts, you can click on the links below;

Images courtesy of AsNTM3 official website.

No comments: