Monday, June 14, 2021

My 2020 Top 60 Songs: The Best From K-pop Female Groups ~ No. 60 - No. 51

Alright, it's that time again to countdown my favourite songs from female K-pop groups for 2020, and yes, I'm late as usual. I increase the number of songs again, it was 50 songs for the 2019 list and now it will be 60 songs. Why do I have to do this to myself? It's a fun documentation to make from my end so at least that's something.

Don't waste any more time, shall we? Here are the songs from number 60 to 51.




Dreamy and futuristic are two words that came to my mind when I listen to this song. The group is talented but very under rated in my opinion, hope they will get more recognition. The music video is obviously low budget but it's still good and artistic, do check it out.




I feel like LOONA songs always have that international appeal to it and So What is no exception. The music video looks nice too with some very interesting locations like in a subway train and on a roof of a building with what seems like an abandoned building as the background. I think they filmed it in Thailand? Anyway, it looks nice and it gives different vibe than the regular K-pop music video that usually filmed in a studio.




It's hard not to like WJSN songs; they always sound good and pleasing to my ears. While Butterfly is a wonderful song, the music video for it seems more simplistic to me compared to their other releases, I wonder why is that?




I don't think I like this song as much as I love their previously released songs like Russian Roulette, Peek-A-Boo or Red Flavor but still this is a really good song. As of the writing of this post, they haven't make a 5-member comeback yet so I'm hoping the next comeback would be as good if not better than Psycho. All the best!




This is a fun song. Mamamoo is known for their vocal capabilities so I really like it when they sometimes came out with fun songs like this. They are versatile, that's for sure.




They already had a great debut with Who Dis? but with Got That Boom, they showed that they are one of the rookie group to watch out for, and it's only their first comeback. It's quite impressive.




This group has a very interesting history but I hope people can get past that and listen to this wonderful song instead. It's a new beginning, new members and I wish them all success, they really has the potential and talent so I hope they can go far.




Weki Meki is always consistent when it comes to releasing catchy song after catchy song and Oopsy is another great track from them. They have quite frequent comebacks too which is great for the group. I hope their company will keep on investing on them because this is a great group.




This is another great group (or should I say duo) that need so much love and support that they can get. If you haven't know it already, KEEMBO is made up of two former members of Spica, a group known for their vocal abilities. Thank You, Anyway is a great re-introduction song to show their vocal prowess. Please check it out!




I think they are from a small company (GH Entertainment) but their music videos always look impressive. They also always come out with energetic songs and use a lot of back-up dancers which I think really boost their music and performance appeal to mainstream audience. I really hope they will be recognized more because right now I don't think they got the attention that they deserved.


We are done with the first post for this chart. I'll see you in my 2nd post where we will countdown songs from number 50 to 41.

No comments: