Friday, October 16, 2015

Asia's Next Top Model Cycle 3 ~ Top 15 Favourite Photos (No. 15 - 11)

Asia's Next Top Model Cycle 3 was aired around March till June 2015 in Asia and it was a fun season. There are some truly amazing and beautiful shots taken during this cycle so here I am again, listing my favourite photos from the season just like what I did for the previous season. But unlike Cycle 2 in which I listed my top 10 favourite photos, for this cycle I'm going to make it a top 15 list. There are just too many photos that I like and I want to list them as much as I can.

I managed to shortlist 29 photos that I like from this cycle and even though I had add 5 extra spots for this year it was still not easy to cut down into the top 15. I will be dividing this list into 3 different posts featuring 5 photos for each post.

Without further delay, let's get started.


15. Melissa ~ Episode 7: Subaru photoshoot


I'm not a fashion expert (obviously) so I would definitely have different opinion on what looks good and what's not. So it would not be surprising for me to pick this photo for my number 15 spot. The Subaru representative that came as guest judge for this episode slammed this photo and it eventually got Melissa eliminated from the competition. I like this photo, so I was a bit disappointed by how that turned out. To me, Melissa looks good in it and her demeanor suited with the background as well.


14. Gani ~ Episode 9: Alex Perry's long gowns


This is another photo in which I loved but was hated by the judges. This photo landed Gani in the bottom 2 and almost got her eliminated. I think I like this photo because of the fantasy element in it. In fact, this is actually my favourite photoshoot in this cycle and you will see several more of the photos taken during this episode listed in my top 15. I love this photo because Gani looks like she is in the water or falling gracefully from the sky. I remembered they mentioned that Gani didn't do enough in this photoshoot so I guess compliments must go to the photographer then, Jez Smith, for making this shot happened and also for the clever editing.

13. Barbara ~ Episode 3: Jewelry photoshoot


Barbara looks expensive in this shot, and it's great because it's a photoshoot that involves jewelries so she nailed it. Her face looks determined and her hand's gesture appears soft, and the elegance she brings to this photo really sells the jewelries she is wearing, and that's what this is all about, selling whatever you are wearing to the viewers or potential customers. If I am the client, I would be very happy with this photo.


12. Aimee ~ Episode 9: Alex Perry's long gowns


Another photo from this episode. I told you I like this photoshoot. And this time it is Aimee's photo which landed on number 12 in this list. Although I would say that she didn't bring enough energy to this photo, you could see her right leg just dangling there instead of giving it more like a kick backwards (which I think would give the pose more strength), I'm definitely still like this picture a lot. Aimee looks beautiful and again I really like the fantasy element for this photoshoot. I wonder where her left leg gone though?


11. Franchesca ~ Episode 3: Jewelry photoshoot


Personally, I think Franchesca is one of the most beautiful girl in this cycle so I was shocked to see her eliminated quite early from the competition. She does look more beautiful in person than in pictures though maybe that's why she didn't last long in the competition. But for this photoshoot, she looks absolutely amazing. The make-up is a little bit too heavy for my taste but her pose is strong, shows confidence and commands attention. I think she has a lot of potential and wish she could be in the competition a lot longer.


So those are the photos that landed on number 15 to number 11. Do you like any one of these photos? Stay tune for the next post in which I will list the photos from number 10 to number 6.

Images courtesy of AsNTM3 official website.

No comments: