Wednesday, July 2, 2014

What to watch? ~ 2014 movies: July

If you've been to my blog before, you'll know that I'm listing movies that had pique my interest each month for this year. So which movies that will be released in July that look interesting to me? Scroll down to see if they look interesting to you too. Let's begin!

1. Deliver Us from Evil

I love horror movies, especially when it involves the supernatural like ghosts or spirits. Judging from the trailers, Deliver Us from Evil seems to be like a very good horror movie. But I learned from the past that you never judge a movie from their trailers, so you never know how it will turn out until you watch it. But so far, I'm intrigued! It says that the event is based on real life events (I think that's debatable don't you think?) of a New York cop who investigates a case that involves demonic forces of evil with the help of a priest. Starring Eric Bana, Edgar Ramirez, Olivia Munn, Sean Harris and Joel McHale, the film will open in cinemas on July 2, 2014.


2. Earth to Echo


When I first heard/read about this movie, I thought it will be a kid-friendly adventure movie that features kids with alien and their amazing adventure together. And what a surprise it was for me when I watched the trailer for this movie; it was a found-footage genre, and it was not all bright and happy that I thought it would be. It looked quite intense and I like the realism the film has with its found-footage style of shooting. And the kids in this movie look like they can really act. The trailer definitely got me excited for the movie, although it does remind me a bit to the 2011 movie, Super 8. Starring Teo Halm, Brian "Astro" Bradley, Reese C. Hartwig and Ella Wahlestedt, Earth to Echo will be released in cinemas on July 2, 2014.


3. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes


Rise of the Planet of the Apes was an awesome movie, so I cannot wait for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes which will be the sequel to that movie. James Franco and Freida Pinto will not be back for this sequel but we will definitely be seeing Caesar again as he is the central character in this reboot series. Andy Serkis will be playing Caesar again through motion-capture along with Judy Greer, Karin Konoval, Terry Notary and Toby Kebbell as the other apes charaters, while the casts that will be playing as human survivors in this movie include Jason Clarke, Keri Russell, Gary Oldman, Kodi Smit-McPhee and Jocko Sims. The movie is scheduled to be released in theaters on July 11, 2014.


4. The Purge: Anarchy


I didn't expect I would like The Purge, but I did. So I'm looking forward to this sequel even though I'm not sure I would want to watch it in the cinema. I mean I want to but the subject that this movie brings to the audiences is quite close to reality and I can see the possibility that these events happening in the future is quite high (if it hasn't already in another form or in some other country). It's quite frightening if you think about it. This movie will focus on different group of people during the purge and how they survive the night (or maybe not?). I love to find out what happened to the family from the first movie though. The Purge: Anarchy is scheduled to be released in cinemas on July 18, 2014.


5. Lucy


Wikipedia listed Lucy as a superhero film. Superhero film? I don't see Lucy as such a film but I do find the trailer to be quite interesting, visually at least. Written and directed by Luc Besson, the film starred Scarlett Johansson as the title character, along with Morgan Freeman, Choi Min-sik, Amr Waked and Analeigh Tipton. I read some comments saying how dumb the trailer to this movie look, and how it's not logical how the main character can do all those stuff when she unlocks more than 10% of her brain capacity. I don't see any problem with the trailer though, I mean it's just a popcorn movie, not a biopic or documentary. Almost all blockbuster movies are illogical anyway. I'm excited for this movie and hopefully it will be good. Lucy will be released in theaters on July 25, 2014.


So did you find any of the movies I listed above exciting? Or are there other movies that you are more interested in? Hope you enjoy this post and see you again for August movies.

No comments: