Monday, May 5, 2014

Asia's Next Top Model Cycle 2 ~ Top 10 Favourite Photos ~ No. 5 - No. 1

So here we are again. For those who missed my previous post, here's a little background for you. Asia's Next Top Model season 2 had finished airing quite some time ago and I am listing down my top 10 favourite photos of the season. In the earlier post, I've listed the photos that resided at number 10 to number 6. If you missed the post, you can click here to read it. As for this post, let's continue on with the photos that are in the top 5. Scroll down to find out.

5 ~ Jodilly


Contestant: Jodilly Pendre
Episode: 5
From: Philippines

Jodilly can take beautiful shots, and I personally feel that this shot from episode 5 is one of her strongest shot in the competition.I like her pose for this photo and she made it seemed effortless, which I'm sure was not the case. It must be tiring for her to pose like that and at the same time to remain composed, but she managed it and resulted in this beautiful photo. A job well done.

4 ~ Marie


Contestant: Marie Nakagawa
Episode: 9
From: Japan

Marie is my personal favourite contestant from this season and my pick to win the competition. Although she didn't win, she still managed to climb all the way to the top 4 finalists. She's a gorgeous girl and down-to-earth which makes me love her even more. I love this shot of Marie as she looks beautiful and unique in this photo. There is some quality in it that I couldn't really describe that made her look strikingly good. The pose, facial expression, make-up and outfit all blend together perfectly well that makes this photo absolutely stunning. I love this photo very much.

3 ~ Sheena


Contestant: Sheena Liam
Episode: 8
From: Malaysia

I feel that Sheena has a strong face and therefore she almost always look fierce in her photos. That is why I like this shot of her as she looked soft and gentle, contrary to what I used to expect from her. The lack of striking make-up did help in bringing the softness to her facial expression but I think her pose helped too in making her looked gentle for this shot. I think I prefer Sheena's photo with light make-up as I feel she looked more beautiful, soft, serene and approachable compared to with heavy make-up. But she can take beautiful shots so heavy make-up or not, she can surely strike a pose and look hot no matter what.

2 ~ Katarina


Contestant: Katarina Rodriguez
Episode: 9
From: Philippines

This photo marked the first time Katarina received a best photo call-out in the season, and she truly deserved it as this photo looks stunning. Even with all the heavy make-up, she still managed to look like herself and pushed through it and delivered this great shot. I find that heavy make-up can sometimes made a model too heavily relied on it but in Katarina's case, she truly owned it and made the make-up complemented her facial expression as opposed to let her make-up to overwhelm her. I don't think that's an easy thing to do but she managed to do it beautifully.

1 ~ Nicole


Contestant: Nicole Lee
Episode: 3
From: Singapore

I cannot believe how I can't get over this photo. She looked completely different than her actual self, she was like a chameleon where she transformed to another person when she was in front of the camera. When I first saw this photo, I love it so much but I didn't expect it to be my most favourite photo of the season, because this shot was taken in episode 3, very early in the competition, so I was expecting to get more great photos as the season continued. There were many great photos after this episode but as I was listing down the photos for this top 10 list, this shot of Nicole still managed to capture my attention. She looks undeniably stunning, gorgeous and like an experienced supermodel. And therefore, this photo is at the top of my list.


Finally, we're done counting down to number one. Did you watched this season of Asia's Next Top Model? What do you think of my top 10 best photos list for this season? Did I missed any of your favourites? I'm looking forward to season 3 of the reality show. Although there were some problems with production (particularly with money to finance this region version of the franchise) but I hope they will still continue making this show.

I hope you enjoy this post and thank you for reading.

Images from Asia's Next Top Model Season 2 website.

No comments: