Wednesday, May 22, 2013

America's Next Top Model Cycle 19: College Edition ~ favourite photos

StarWorld Asia had just finished airing Cycle 19 of America's Next Top Model which is the College Edition (we are a little bit behind). So I think this is the perfect time for me to feature my 10 favourite photos from Cycle 19 (in no particular order). Since this is the first time the girls have a chance to make a comeback into the competition after being eliminated based on fan's votes, so there are a lot of photos to choose from. To make things easier for me (because some of the girls took amazing photos while eliminated), I would only pick photos of the girls who were not eliminated during the photoshoot.

A word of caution though, I think a few photos in this post would be a bit inappropriate for minors. Parents, you've been warned. Now let's begin!

1) Leila - Waterfall warriors


I love Leila. I think she looks amazing in photos and this particular photo is one of her best, in my opinion at least. I don't know much about fashion, but looking at this photo makes me think that she's already a working model. Since I like her so much, you can expect to see more pictures of her in this post.

2) Nastasia - River raft love triangle


I think Nastasia is a beautiful person, but her photos can be a bit inconsistent. The photoshoot that she did with Rob Evans and a Jamaican male model here is definitely one of her best. She looks great, she's in control and she shines eventhough there are two other models in there. Although I'm surprised that she made it into the Top 4, this photo just proves to me that she deserved it.

3) Laura - Steampunk


Laura received high praise from the judges for this photo of her, and I cannot agree more with them. She looks great here, and I didn't even notice that there is an owl on her hand. She's one of the strongest and consistent girl in this cycle when it comes to photoshoot, and judging from this photo alone, you can tell that she's amazing.

4) Brittany - Apocalyptic zombies


Brittany looks like a sweet, cute girl but don't be fooled by her face. She can take strong pictures too, just like this one from episode 4 of cycle 19. I like this zombie picture of her because she doesn't look sweet and 'Disney' like she was always referred to. Although there is nothing wrong of looking sweet, but in this type of setting, I don't think sweet going to do you any good, so I'm glad Brittany pulled it off.

5) Leila - Cheerleaders


Another photo of Leila. As always, I love her because I think she photographed well. I like this photo with her legs positioned like that. It looks awkward and somehow it looks great. Ironically, this is the photo that got her eliminated. I missed this episode so I'm not sure why people aren't really feeling this photo like I did. Personally, I think this is one of the best photo from this episode.

6) Kristin - Prison mugshot


Kristin is a beautiful girl, no doubt about that. But one thing I know about this show is that you can be the prettiest girl in the group but that does not guarantee you to look good in photos. Luckily for Kristin, she does look good in photos too, and her prison mugshot photoshoot is my favourite from her. She looks pretty, edgy and fierce at the same time, which I think suit the theme of this photoshoot very much.

7) Kiara - Dream Come True fragrance


Kiara has an athletic body, so I was surprised when I look at her Dream Come True picture. She looks soft, vulnerable and somewhat dreamy. She proved to the judges and audiences that she has a softer side too. Well, I always think she's a lovely person but I never thought that she can be that gentle in her photos too. Bravo to her!

8) Nastasia - Cheerleaders


This is another of Nastasia's photo which had made the cut. Although her pose is simple, but she looks great and less 'clumsy', unlike some of the other contestants during this photoshoot. I think she would have look even more amazing if she points her feet just a little bit more, but she still looks great and deserved the best photo that she got during this episode.

9) Allyssa - Black & white with Rob Evans


This photo is steaming hot. As one of the full-figured girl in this cycle, Allyssa sure isn't shy in showing off her curves. She looks daring and full of confidence, not to mention sexy. She's also the only girl that I think looks different in person and in photographs. I think that's what you called photogenic?

10) Leile - Nine West


And last but not least, Leila (again?) in the Nine West advertisement. I can't help it, I just love her photos. She looks absolutely gorgeous in this one, although she did looked a little bit cocky. The clothes and accessories look great on her and she can definitely sell whatever she was wearing to the viewers.

And those are my 10 favourite photos (in no particular order) from America's Next Top Model: College Edition. Do you agree with my pick? What about your favourite photos from this cycle? Cycle 20 will feature guys too. I wonder how would the guys fared compared to the girls. This should be an interesting cycle to watch.

Thank you for reading!

Images from ANTM website.

No comments: