Thursday, March 28, 2013

2013 Summer movies ~ What to watch? (Part 2)

I already covered movies that caught my interest and will be released between May and June 2013 in Part 1 of the post. Now in Part 2, I will cover a few other movies that will be released in July and August 2013. Let's start!

July

1) Pacific Rim


I love watching Ultraman TV series when I was a kid so it's little wonders why Pacific Rim caught my attention so much. Starred Idris Elba, Rinko Kikuchi and Charlie Hunnam, this movie is about the world in the near future where monsters started coming out from beneath the sea and bring chaos worldwide. In order to fight these giant monsters, humans had created giant robots to fight them. In between the struggle, two unlikely heroes need to team up and fight these monsters to save the world from total destruction. It may be a bit too much for a non-fan of such genre to take but I really hope this movie will do well at the box-office because if it does, then I'm pretty sure a sequel would definitely be made.

2) The Conjuring


The Conjuring is a supernatural horror film directed by James Wan who had previously directed Saw and Insidious. Starring Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga, this movie will tell the story of Ed and Lorraine Warren, the paranormal investigators who were famously involved in the investigation of the Amityville Horror case. But in this movie, it will focus on the disturbing events in the Perron family's Rhode Island farmhouse. Originally planned to be released in early 2013, it was then postponed to open in July due to positive responses it got during test screening. I love a good horror movie, so hopefully this will be one of them as suggested by the test audiences.

3) The Wolverine


I was not really a fan of X-Men Origins: Wolverine, but I'm willing to give this movie a shot. The Wolverine would be the sixth installment in the X-Men movie series and starred (once again) Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, the mutant with the adamantium claws. This time, the movie will focus on his journey in Japan as he fights a figure from his forgotten past. I'm not sure how this movie will tie to the other X-Men movies, so we would just have to wait and see how it turns out. I'm also excited to see what mutant characters are they introducing next on the silver screen.

August

4) Elysium

One of the main reason I am so excited for Elysium is because it is directed by Neill Blomkamp, the co-writer and director of District 9. I love District 9 so I'm curious what kind of film would he make next. The plot sounds interesting too; Elysium set in a distant future where the poor live on the over-populated Earth while the rich and powerful live on a space station called Elysium. And when there are two classes of people exist like that, conflict is sure to follow. Elysium also starred amazing talents like Matt Damon and Jodie Foster as well as Sharlto Copley, Wagner Moura and Alice Braga. Now after all that info, how can I not be excited?

5) Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters

Okay, okay. So Percy Jackson's first film (Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lighining Thief) was not as big as Harry Potter movies but it did raked in more than $200k worlwide, so why not make a sequel right? This second installment will be based on The Sea of Monsters, the second book in the Percy Jackson & the Olympians book series, and chronicle the adventure of Percy and his friends as they try to look for the Golden Fleece. I did enjoyed the first movie so I will be going to see this one even as of now, no posters or trailer had been released yet (or at least not that I know of). I'm hoping that this movie would be good enough to grant another movie sequel for the franchise. Am I hoping too much?

And that's a wrap guys! Those are the 2013 summer movies that I'm most excited about now. Haven't read Part 1? Then click here to go to the post.

Thank you for reading!

No comments: